Chapter 27: Loosing It

Start from the beginning

We got to the back of the building to find five black SUVs, of which I'm assuming were for us. The fact that each boy got their own vehicle was of course fancier than most events, but then again, this entire thing was for their movie. Louis invited me to join him in the first car and I accepted, not wanting to be stuck with Harry of who would only annoy me for the whole five-minute ride to the theater. But with Harry, five minutes was enough. Zayn was to meet his girlfriend, Perrie, at the movie and Liam's new girlfriend would do the same.

For me, the silent car ride ended blocks from the actual entrance to the theater. Those few blocks in between us were swarmed with screaming girls and news reporters, knowing that the five black cars contained the boys. Some tried to come up to the car, but security was doing a good job at keeping everyone safe by holding them back. In the car, I felt safe, but I knew I would have to get out at some point. As policemen cleared a road for the cars, ours drove right to wear the classic 'red carpet' began. It stopped abruptly and four security guards lined up against it, one coming to open the door closest to Louis.

When it was opened, the fans screams only got louder. Louis hesitated to get out and instead turned to me, looking concerned. He sat back down for a quick moment and moved closer to me. "Just remember that they don't know you like I do and everything they say is bull, well, unless it's good. You'll be fine." he smiled reassuringly at me and when he turned back around, I lifted an eyebrow in confusion. I was never worried about fans saying rude things, but Louis seemed to sense that I would be. And maybe I would; maybe Louis knew me better than I knew myself. Whatever it was, his reassuring comment was comforting. It also made me smile; something I'm afraid he might have done just for the cameras waiting outside, but I doubt that was the case.

Louis stepped out and then helped me out of the car, never letting go of my hand, even after I was safely stable on the ground. Some fans screamed at the sight of us together, some booed, but equally, it was loud. The environment was different than a concert. They boys seemed more relaxed and the fans seemed more excited; most likely because they were so close to the boys. Photographers and interviewers were lined up waiting for us to pose or answer questions, but a guard instructed that we would be allowed to do that after the movie.

The rest of the boys and their girlfriends showed up, along with some other celebrity guests of whom I was greatly excited to meet. Marlee and I of course had fun with the 5 Seconds of Summer boys, but we couldn't help but jump up and down a bit when we saw the large table of food that awaited us in the VIP section. To us, that beat any celebrity. When the boys were saying hello to the fans, we quietly crept away to the food and nicely stuffed our faces, avoiding getting any sort of stains on our dresses. When we decided we'd have enough, we casually walked back to the boys who had made it quite a bit further down the carpet towards the theater. Marlee and I stood behind Niall and Louis, talking while the boys signed autographs and took pictures. "Oh my goodness, is that an engagement ring?" One fan shouted loudly, and soon enough, others began to notice the diamond on Marlee's left hand. Niall smiled to himself, but kept signing, keeping the engagement a mystery to the fans for as long as the night could go on. Marlee however, was having fun with it, waving to the fans and pretending to slyly cover up the ring.

Finally we were allowed into the theater and we found that there was much more inside than there was outside. First off, a table of much more food stood to our left. Second, a large photo-booth was placed up against a wall of the building. And in the back, large doors were open wide to the VIP section of the theater where we would be sitting in moments to come. Marlee and I went straight to the photo booth and took some ridiculous photos: one of us cross-eyed, one of us doing our best "Vogue" faces, one of us doing a James Bond style pose, and one of us actually looking somewhat normal. Next thing I knew, I was being pushed out of the booth while Niall was pulled in by his tie.