Chapter 16: Heart Attack

So, I ended up spending the entire night thinking. And guess what? It didn't help at all. I'm still just as confused and I have no idea what to do. Now I am confused, angry, and tired all at once. Woo-freaking-who. We hadn't been in Paris too long, but I already knew this wasn't going to be my favorite stop on this tour. I mean, it's called the city of love. Love is exactly what I'm trying to avoid falling into. Let me tell you, it's getting really hard to keep that up. Especially because Louis had apologized and all. Sure, the apology wasn't the same as the one in my dream, but it did get me thinking. I wanted to forgive him; so badly. But something was holding me back. And I have no clue what that is. It's really just annoying the hell out of me. This drama is really just making me regret ever being born; the headaches are so not worth it.

It was mid-day and the boys had to go to the arena for sound checks and meet and greets with fans. Of course, Marlee and I tagged along. But something was up with Marlee. Was she mad at me? Louis? Niall? I'm a biochemist not a psychologist so who the hell knows. As soon as we got to the large arena, the boys were whisked to their dressing room. Marlee and I quickly followed behind, finding Lea and Lou in the room waiting for them. I guess Lea wanted to get some backstage footage today too since she had a camera with her. I waved at them both and sat on the couch next to Marlee, who currently had quite the scowl on her face.

"I'm hungry." Niall said from the other end of the room. "Shut up Niall, you're always hungry." Marlee said immediately. Whoa, tense atmosphere in here. "No one asked you,” he sassed back. I was so confused. Marlee and Niall were perfect, what was happening? We're they breaking up? Oh God I hope not. If that happened, I seriously would believe that the world was ending. 

"Great, it's that time of year again." Zayn sighed. "What time of year?" I asked. "It's Narlee's semi-annual fight. And it's getting a little old after two years, so maybe you guys should wrap this one up soon." Liam said, directing the last part at the ever-so happy couple. I snorted at the thought of a semi-annual fight, but obviously Marlee was taking it more seriously. But she should, it is her relationship. I don't know how 'Narlee' works, and I'm totally fine being ignorant in that category.

"Well, I think I'll be going to hang out with the guys from 5 Seconds of Summer, Emma, would you like to join me?" Marlee asked as she got up from the couch. I could see Niall's mouth form an 'o' shape when she spoke. I wanted to laugh, but I decided to play along. "Sure! I've never met them, but they are so hot! Plus, their Aussies. Total turn on, if you ask me." I giggled and Marlee nodded, taking a quick look back at Niall and smirking.

"I love Luke, he is so cute, and sweet, and funny." she gushed. "He's also seventeen." Niall added. "Yeah, well, no one asked you, old Irish man." Marlee quickly said before grabbing my right arm and yanking me away while I giggled at their cute banter.

We found the four Aussies not long after and hung out with them. They were really cool and funny, not to mention Ashton had the most adorable accent! We were having an in-depth conversation about pizza, since Marlee is a pizza expert according to her twitter. All of a sudden, we heard a knock at their dressing room door. Calum got up to answer it, but he came back a few seconds later, looking at me. "It's for you,” he said sitting back down on the couch across from me. I excused myself and walked out the door, only to find Eleanor standing there. Yeah, Eleanor, as in Louis' ex, as if you didn't already know. I hadn't smiled at her yet; I was just staring in shock. "Hi Emma, sorry about not warning you I would be here but I didn't want Louis to know. Come on, let's go to the girl's room or something so he doesn't see me." she lightly tugged at my hand and I nodded, finding the closest restroom in sight. Once inside, I leaned against the counter and waited for her to speak.