Chapter 2: Invisible

It has been about fifteen hours since that incredibly awkward moment and for some odd reason, I can't stop thinking about it. The picture just won't go away and I have to stay away from food in fear of gagging. Luckily, I haven't seen Louis or anyone from the Tomlinson family all day. Perhaps they all went out? God I hope so, if I see anything like what I saw yesterday I might need to move to Canada. My mom had left for work early this morning and would not be back for a few more hours, so I decided to hang out in her room since it had the best TV. I curled up under the covers and turned the TV on, searching for something interesting. I finally found a show called Doctor Who, which I had been hooked on for years. It was a rerun, but I still enjoyed watching it. It was getting to the final scene of the episode when a ringing sound interrupted me: the damn phone. Figuring it was one of my mother's friends, I sighed, paused the show, and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I asked. "Hey Loser." a familiar accent came from the other end of the line. Great, picture's back. "What's up?" I tried to sound the least bit interested in why he was calling. "Well, the girls are all out having some sort of a girl's day, do you want to come over and hang out with me?" Wait, Louis actually wanted to hang out with me? What was going on? Was I being punked? "Sure, I'd love to have a girl's day." I giggled. "Ha ha. Be over in 5, no more or the door is locked." he said before hanging up.I threw the phone on the bed and tossed the covers over so I could get out of the comfy bed. I ran across the hall to my room and checked to make sure I looked okay in the mirror. Why? Because I'm a hot mess, always. I jumped the last few stairs and skipped out the door until I finally reached Louis' doorstep. The fact that he actually wanted to hang out with me made me feel like we could be best friends again. And if not, I could at least give him a chance to apologize.

"Louis, I'm here!" I yelled as I walked right in the house. Yeah, I practically live here. Seconds later he came from around the corner and smiled at me as we stood about a foot away from each other in the hallway. "Hi." he said while rubbing the back of his neck. "So, what do you want to do? I'm sure you have something in mind." Louis always came up with the craziest things for us to do when we were younger, I just hope that he hasn't changed so much that he can no longer be as fun and creative as he used to be, because I liked that; I liked it a lot. "Well, it's a nice day. Want to go hang out in the backyard? We could play a little football, if you're up for it." he challenged.

Every Saturday during the summer of 2009, we would go to the park down the street and play football for hours. We always made ridiculous bets and most of the time Louis would win, but once in a blue moon he would have to run around the neighborhood in only his underwear. That was right before he left, and I'm surprised that he even managed to remember it. "Sure, got a ball?" I said and he chuckled, leading me out to the large backyard set against the sunset in the sky. Since Louis and I were always playing football, Jay decided to get Louis two small goals for the backyard. They worked well most of the time, unless you wanted to take a soaring shot as they only reached three feet tall.

"So, got any crazy bets you want to make today?" Louis came from behind me with a ball in his hand. He set it on the ground directly between the two goals and looked back up at me. "Nah, let's just have some kick ass fun." I said and he smiled. Being the gentlemen he was, he let me start with the ball. One thing I've realized is that I have not improved much with this sport over the past few years. About five minutes in, Louis had already scored on me once. The only reason it wasn't five to zero was because I was fast enough to chase him and strong enough to knock him over. Yeah, don't mess with the blonde bitch. At one point I was able to trip him, grab the ball, and run the entire length of the backyard to the other goal. Of course after that Louis had to tackle me. But we were both laughing so hard neither bothered to chase after the ball. Suddenly, it felt like we were seventeen again, like nothing had ever happened. One Direction, Eleanor, Stanford? None of that was even thought of in our lives.