Chapter 8

3rd person POV:
Matthew didn't awake again for 2 hours, but by then Francis, Arthur, and Alfred were gone.

The three decided that they would give Matthew sometime away from them since they were the reason he attempted suicide.

Actually, the doctor decided that.

She ended up walking in the room at the same time Matthew said that, and she convinced them to give Matthew some space for awhile. After about a hour of auguring, they left the hospital.

At the hour and 30 minute mark, Ludwig and Gilbert's Opa came up and she told them what she didn't want to tell Francis, Arthur, and Alfred.

"Matthew will need to go to a psychiatric hospital when he is released."

Gilbert's POV:
We were all confused, Ludwig looked up from Matthew.

"Why are you telling us?"

He asked.

"We aren't his family."

She nodded.

"Yes I know, but we have a new rule that if a child attempts suicide because of their family, they will have to be taken care of by someone else for awhile."

She nodded to me.

"And this young man seems to be the best person to take care of him, and make sure he stays okay."

I looked at her in disbelief, then back down at birdie, Ludwig and Opa had the same looks on their faces.

"Would we be the ones to pay for his hospital stay?"

Opa asked, and she shook her head.

"No, his family will pay if they agree to let him go, and they technically have to let him go, since it's a doctors order."

I continued to stare at birdie.

'A psychiatric hospital?'

My eyes turned to the doctor.

"How long will he be there?"

She thought for a second.

"It can be anywhere from 5 days all the way to 2 weeks."

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

"But in his case, since there are many other scars on other parts of his body I'm guessing he's been doing this awhile, he will likely be there for a little over a week."

She gave me a small smile.

"But that's just my guess, for all we know it will only be a few days."

"Gil?"

A soft voice asked, and I quickly turned to see birdies eyes opening. He looked around.

"Where's papa, Arthur, and Alfred?"

He asked, his voice just a little above a whisper.

"They left birdie."

I ran a hand through his hair when his eyes saddened.