Chapter 3- Do I scare you?

Previously...
'So...how was your day' She spoke cautiously.

Now...
'Pretty good' Maya said bluntly not even looking at Riley.
'Pretty good that's all I get' she urged needing to fill the silence.
'Hmmm...well I punched a dude in the face 2nd period because he irritates me and spent the rest of the day in isolation' Maya smiled proudly at the memory and then looked at Riley who wasn't as impressed.
'How is that a good thing?'
'That's the idea honey when your good at being bad then it IS a good thing' she smirked.
'No it's not' Riley argued momentarily forgetting who she was talking to.
'You can't just hurt someone because they irritate you you should tell a responsible adult to get it sorted' she continued on not realising how much of a child she sounded like. Maya looked as if she was about to burst out laughing at this proclamation. But then she stopped herself.
She quirked an eyebrow at Riley 'oh is that right is it' at this point they had both stopped walking and no one seemed to be around, now Riley felt a little more nervous.
'I wanna say yes but I know it's not the right answer' Riley spoke loudly as if trying to take the tension out of the air with noise.
'Not in my book babe' Maya smiled.
For some reason something in Riley's brain clicked and she spoke 'Umm...Maya why did you ask me to see you'
'Because I wanted to'
'Because you wanted to that's all your gonna give me' Riley questioned.
'I could give you a lot more' Maya mumbled but Riley didn't hear and waited for an audible answer.
'Look you seem like you can give me the perfect balance of good I need...not to influence I want a change Im just bored nothing's happening' Maya started to walk and Riley followed watching her intently as Maya stared straight ahead 'I find you...intriguing' she stopped again and looked at Riley.
Riley could sense it happening again. Her pulse raising,breathing quickening and her thoughts went to the bathroom when Maya's lips were so close and so...
'The bathroom' Riley said aloud.
Maya's face seemed to twist into an unknown expression.
'I had time to think...don't you like me Riley' Maya pouted.
'You're different than I thought' Riley said admiring her openess.
' cool it Matthews I'm still me and well when I wanna see you it will be normal from now on...got it?' Maya asked a slight hostility in her voice to forshadow the consequence of saying no.
Riley neither said 'yes' or 'no' instead she asked ' is that what you wanted to talk about?' By this time they had begun wandering along again and had almost reached Riley's house.
'Listen I dunno what it is about you but I'm gonna be around a lot more, hope I don't scare you too much' Maya said a hint of snark to her tone.
By reaction Riley blurted out 'you don't scare me' and as soon as those words left her mouth she regretted it. That was a total lie why did she ruin it they were so...oddly comfortable just walking and talking and now she just had to go and say that.
They had reached the building of Riley's apartment and Maya stopped in her tracks
'Well you know better go!' Riley tried before turning to dash into her building. But no movement was being made as Maya had a hold on her arm.
'I don't scare you?' Maya quirked her eyebrow for the second time today.
'Unmm' was all Riley could manage at this point. Before she knew it she was pinned against the wall once again by Maya hart.
Maya brought her face closer to Riley's
'you sure I don't scare you' Maya whispered.
'Why do you do this' Riley squeaked out since this is now the second time Maya had pinned her against a wall to get the answer she wants.
'I told you, your interesting, I like you but that doesn't mean I'm not still a badass' Maya said not really caring if Riley knew what she meant. Hell she didn't know what she meant.but she settled with being cocky about her reputation.
'You like me?' Riley asked.
'Ah ah ah you didn't answer my question' Maya pulled back to look at Riley's eyes. She repeated her question.
'Do...' She moved towards her ear 'I...' She spoke in her ear 'Scare you?' She whispered.
Riley gulped again. Yes she was scared but not just about what Maya was gonna do to prove she is worthy of being feared but scared of how she also makes Riley feel other things that aren't fear.
'Y-yes' Riley stuttered out.
'Good then you won't stop me' before Riley could voice her confusion to the statement she felt warm lips on hers. Her eyes went wide as Maya begun to kiss her keeping her hands pinned against the wall to allow no escape but did she really want to escape? No. Riley gave in and kissed back there mouths moving in sync to one another and then Riley stopped her self and Maya pulled back.
Maya hadn't planned that entirely....she was just being a tease but instead of showing how shocked she was at herself she maintained her tough status opened her eyes and said
'See you around babe' before walking off as if nothing had happened.
Riley stared dumbfounded at the direction Maya had left in. She brought her hand up to her lips to feel where Maya's lips just were. She liked it. It was so electric, so passionate, so...good. Riley smiled to herself.
Despite being so completely and utterly confused at Maya's mixed reactions towards her she was sure she didn't hate her now. Maya said she liked her and then kissed her. But did she mean to kiss her? Did she mean like like or just like? What was with the 'babe' and 'honey'? How will Maya act in school tomorrow?
All these thoughts swirled round Riley's brain creating more conflict within herself and her feelings...whatever they were