Chapter 12- Care to explain???

Hey long time no post...sorry! But will be posting weekly now if I have time. Thank you so much to all the people that have read, voted or commented on this story I'm so glad you guys like it!😜

Previously
Yeah yeah' the blonde rolled her eyes. Maya was midway through climbing out the window when suddenly they heard a click and Riley's door burst open...

Maya cussed under her breath and looked over at Riley to see fear.
Everything moved in slow motion from their eyes going wide to there eyes meeting each others in fear then following up to the door swinging open.
'Riley!' The voice shouted but instead of the two girls awaiting a
outburst of great proportion, they slumped in relief and each let out a breath at the same time.

The voice they heard was small and the yelling was due to the whining of a 6 year old.
'Auggie' Riley moved towards her little brother and knelt infront of him
'Whats up?'

'Who's that?' Auggie ignored his sisters question and pointed at the estranged blonde still half way through the window behind her.

'Oh that's...' Riley couldn't tell him. So she stopped herself and instead spun him around slowly to allow Maya time to escape.

'I don't know what you're talking about' Riley tried to convince her lil bro he was seeing things by pretending Maya wasn't even there.

'But Riley...' As he went to turn the brunette stopped him and gave Maya a look that said 'get out of here!'
Maya smirked before winking and disappearing into the outside.
'Who Auggie? there's nobody there' Riley said gesturing for the boy to look where he had just seen Maya.

'What?' Auggie spun his head round extremely fast to see a nearly empty window.
'See' his sister pointed to where the blonde once sat frozen.
Auggie mouth was open in shock until he realised he didn't really care, he was a six year old.

'Riley you're weird' Auggie stated cutely before smiling. 'I saw her she was...'
Riley interrupted him once again and asked
'Auggie what did you want' sitting down at the window with a very confused Auggie.

'Riley I think I'm going crazy' the child frantically said whilst pulling a goofy face.

A little bit of guilt flashed across her mind at making her brother believe he was seeing things but she couldn't risk getting caught so she played along.

'You've always been crazy auggs' and she began tickling him. Soon his confused expression was replaced with laughter.
When she stopped tickling him and his laughter died down he looked at his big sister and then it hit him
'Oh right...' He remembered 'mummy says breakfast is ready' he smiled proud of how informative he was being.
'Okay I'll be right down' she spoke and Auggie ran off down the hall like nothing had happened.

Riley looked towards the window and just smiled shaking her head
'that was close' she whispered under her breath before walking to join her family at the table.

----- school
When Riley walked into class that day she felt strange as if something wasn't right. She looked up and Maya wasn't there.
That's not what was strange however since Maya is never in class when she is suppose to be. What was strange was no one else was in class either.

Was she early... She looked at her phone to see the time nearly printed 8:15. She was on time. So where was everybody.

'Hey Matthews' Riley whipped her head around to see Maya standing in the doorway.
'Hey... Maya what's going on?'
'What do you mean?' Maya asked closing the door.
'Where is everybody'
'How...' Maya walked up to Riley dragging out the word 'should I know' she finished stopping infront of the confused girl.

'Well you and me are the only ones here...I'm pretty sure I have nothing to do with it' Riley said still wearing a confused expression.

Maya laughed 'yeah you're right this is all me' she gestured towards the empty seats and absence of a teacher.
'How?'
'Listen riles... I get bored very easily and when all it takes is a note on the door and your, no offence but, gullible father how can I not send every student and our teacher to a classroom that doesn't exist' she laughed again at her amusing prank. She didn't even know why she does these things she just wanted too.

'You should of been here to see their faces they're still running round the school now' she was so proud of her accomplishment before Riley spoke up

'What do you mean gullible?'

'Oh Riley oh Riley... He believes the note that would normally be written by him AND went searching for a classroom that's non-existent...I mean shouldn't he know that, he is kind of a teacher here.' Maya smiled.
She herself honestly didn't believe it would work and now that it has all she could do was laugh.

'Well I suppose...' Riley kind of laughed at her fathers tendency to believe too much 'but I still don't understand why you did it'
Maya had now moved to take a seat. She lifted her legs up onto the desk whilst answering with 'I got bored, I thought it was funny, I wanted to be alone with you...so just the usual reasons'
'You're so bad!' Riley playfully pushed Maya away from her.

'Oh my god you're finally getting it babe' Maya moved forward to be close to the goody two shoes again.

'You know that's not what I meant'

'Well how long do you reckon it will take before they realise it's a scam' Maya let slip her all so proud smirk.

'You' Mr Matthews burst threw the door throwing an accusing finger towards Maya.
His expression changed momentarily at the position he had found his daughter and the schools troublemaker in before returning to annoyance when the blonde faced him.

'Me' Maya narrowed her eyes playfully mocking her teacher and pointing at herself.

'You did this?!' He continued, holding the note and slamming it on his desk.

'Mr Matthews I assure you I have no idea what you're talking about' The rebel smiled oh so innocently up at her teacher batting her eyelashes.
'So this' he pointed to the note again 'isn't your handwriting'.

'And yet you only just figured it out' Maya made a 'really??' face and shrugged.

'Go get my students!' He gave up and left the blonde to search.

'Yeah yeah Matthews I'm on it' Maya laughed and hopped off the desk walking away but stopped at the doorway.

'Wanna help me Riley?' Corey 's head shot up so fast it was a miracle he didn't portray a sign of whiplash.

'No!' Was all he shouted. Upon hearing this Maya held her hands up in surrender. 'Sheesh'
All she heard before running out of the classroom was Mr Matthews voice saying
'Care to explain?' And she left to round up the class.

'What dad?' Riley said sitting in one of the desks
'What was that all about?' He pointed to the door Maya had just left through

'What was what all about?' Riley begun swinging her legs back and forth her eyes wandering around the room.
'Maya...you... The class' Matthews stuttered out.

'I came here, it was empty. Maya showed up then you came in here and was like 'you'' Riley imitated her fathers actions trying her best to explain in as little detail as possible.

'And she was all like me' she continued to play each part of who was talking.

'Then she was like I'll get the class and then you was like care to explain and... Now I'm explaining what I know' his daughter folded her arms proudly at the fact she hadn't lied exactly this time.
Her father looked at her suspiciously but then gave in
'Oh...okay so do you wanna go help find the class' he motioned towards the door. Once again his gullible side showing.

'Of course I do dad because I just wanna be helpful' Riley smiled innocently and her father had fell for it then returned the smile.

She walked out not breaking eye contact with her dad until she was out the door.
She had left to find the students...yep the students... Her friends and students...Oh who was she kidding, she wanted to find one student and one student only.