What was he supposed to be doing?

He had said that he was going to prove Dara wrong, but here he was, running away from his problems—running away from Baekhyun.

He stood outside of the empty classroom: the place where a lot of his memories were held, and he thought about it. How was he going to solve this?

What exactly was the Chanyeol way? How was he going to get Baekhyun back?

Chanyeol pondered on the thought before making up his mind, going back to the cafeteria before it was too late.

Again, he didn't know what 'too late' meant. Did it mean until it was too late and lunch was over? Or did it mean it was too late and Baekhyun was swept up by someone else?

Chanyeol went into the short lunch line and checked the menu board, seeing the big words: Cake Day!

He read the other words and figured out that there was free cake in the cafeteria that day, made by none other than the baking club which Kyungsoo was in.

His eyes flitted over to Baekhyun's direction, seeing him laughing with the others about some joke.

He shook his thoughts away and grabbed one of the plastic plates, thanking Kyungsoo who was at the counter.

Before he could leave, though, he felt an arm grab his wrist.

"Whatever you're about to do... Don't mess it up," Kyungsoo warned and Chanyeol gave him a light smile.

"Yes sir, I'll try my hardest," Chanyeol replied jokingly and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, letting go of Chanyeol and allowing him to go towards Baekhyun.

Chanyeol walked up to Baekhyun from behind, making sure that the midget didn't see him.

Junmyeon looked at Chanyeol and raised an eyebrow curiously, in which Chanyeol replied with a nonchalant shrug.

He tried to not let it get to his head, tried to remind himself to remain calm...

But fuck was he nervous.

He didn't know how everything would go; didn't know if Baekhyun would push him away or allow him to stay; didn't know if he'd have the courage to do whatever he wanted to or run from his problems.

Chanyeol knew he was standing there for a bit too long and he closed his eyes, sending a prayer to the heavens before saying his last goodbyes.

I'm sorry I had to do this, Baekhyun.

Well, not really.

He opened his eyes and with one last breath and swing of his arm, his plan commenced—

His plan of giving Baekhyun a face full of cake.

Everyone at the table gasped when Chanyeol smushed the plate against his face, and he vaguely recalled hearing Baekhyun's squeak before he was silenced by the sweet food.

The whole cafeteria's eyes were on them: the captain of the basketball team and the small rookie who was, by the way, shocked into complete and utter silence.

It was like in one of those movies where the crow would fly by and qwack, and the place would have tumbleweeds passing by casually, the sound of the wind overpowering everything else.

The silence didn't last that long, however, as two more long seconds passed and Baekhyun almost violently wiped the cake off of his face, standing up and turning around in fury.

"Park Chanyeol!" Baekhyun screamed and Chanyeol would have found the situation funny if not for Baekhyun diving towards him with the plate in his hand, practically slamming the remnants onto Chanyeol's face.