Chapter 8

Sorry for the super late update haha I was at a writer's block... And gosh I have to practice this French thing but I really don't want to *bangs head against wall* I'm sorry for this super short update compared to how long I've made you guys wait, and it's really, vraiment, cheesy.

~

It was now Thursday again, which meant another game was supposed to take place at Pyojun High. This time, they were playing against this other group named KNK. Chanyeol's team had never played against them before, but he's heard rumors that they were a good team.

Once classes were over, the seven boys gathered up in the locker room, talking to each other.

"So we're going to warm up first, and after that, the real game starts. We'll just do everything like last game—"

"AKA whoop their asses," Sehun cuts in and everyone laughed as they slipped on their jerseys.

"Yeah, sure," Chanyeol waved his hand before continuing. "We've never played against this team before but I've heard they're okay. Just because we won one game doesn't mean we have to act all mighty. Don't get too cocky and begin doing crazy things, all right?"

Everyone listened to Chanyeol and agreed, continuing to dress themselves in silence.

"Is everyone excited?" Xiumin broke the silence and all of them cheered.

Baekhyun, out of all of them, was the most excited and Chanyeol could see it in the way Baekhyun's eyes twinkled. The midget just wanted to get out on court and feel the orange ball in his hands. He was also constantly talking to Junmyeon about how much he likes basketball.

"Still nervous?" Junmyeon brought up and Baekhyun smiled.

"Nope, not at all."

Once everyone was done dressing, they left the locker room together just in time to see KNK walk into the gym. Baekhyun walked with his head down, too absorbed in his thoughts about how well he was going to do to see the team he probably wouldn't ever forget.

"Oh shit, they look stro—"

"Shut up Jongin," Mingyu hissed and Jongin scowled at the younger.

"Is that any way to talk to your hyung?"

Each one of the KNK members looked like they worked out, and they were all remotely tall, there was something mysterious about their gazes though...

Chanyeol scowled as he saw an all too familiar look in their eyes as the other team sized up their own team.

They were underestimating Chanyeol's team.

Some of them looked in Baekhyun's direction and muttered a few words before snickering to themselves, causing the captain to feel even more aggravated.

Once the team reached the bench, Chanyeol immediately shuffled over to Baekhyun, bumping his shoulder with his. It was a hard feat due to their height differences.

"Yah, Baekhyun..." Chanyeol whispered in the smaller's ear and the latter seemed to snap out of it, looking up. "We gotta beat their asses." Chanyeol pointed behind him to the opposing team and Baekhyun laughed.

"Of course we..." The words died in his throat when he saw the other team.

Last year when he had played for his old school, this group, KNK, had beaten Baekhyun's to the bones and laughed in his face afterwards, even having the guts to call his team sore losers who could't even get the ball for more then two seconds.