Chapter 19

Oh. Well, here I am again. Seems like I'll have to have more than twenty chapters *shrugs* this story is nearly finished (170708, I lied it has lots of chapters)... My writer's block was cured by Infinite's Going To You... Crying, because Infinite's Back is SO GOOD...

How do you guys think Chanyeol is going to solve this? Well... Read on hahaha ^.~ Ouhhh... This chapter hmmmmmmmmmm questionable.

Enjoy this chapter!

~

It wasn't hard for Chanyeol to act like himself, but it was also hard at the same time.

The reason it wasn't hard for him was because—obviously—he was just acting like he truly desired to all this time. It was hard, though, because he was scared of the outcome, wondering if Baekhyun would simply push him away further.

He was hoping that somewhere along the way, he'd prove it to Baekhyun that he wasn't who Baekhyun made him out to be.

Chanyeol sat down at the lunch table and everyone quieted down, eating their food instead of talking.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at Jongdae who was- for some reason—sitting at the table and grinning at him. "When did he join us?" Chanyeol questioned as he pointed in Jongdae's direction.

"Oh, we just needed him for our next basketball game. Sehun and I couldn't make it and you can't even play, so we needed more people," Mingyu explained and Chanyeol frowned.

"So you decided on Jongdae?" He asked incredulously and the rest of them shrugged, going back to eating their food.

Silence draped over the table once again and Chanyeol tried not to let it get to his mind, even if it was already slipping inside.

"So, how's your leg?" Sehun spoke up and Chanyeol looked up, not expecting it to be Sehun who broke the silence.

"Oh, it's alright. I hope it heals soon so that I can play basketball..."

"I hope so too," someone completely different answered.

Chanyeol briefly looked to his side and made eye contact with Baekhyun who gave him a tight smile.

The silence—once again—filled the spaces in between the air and Chanyeol couldn't shake the feeling of unease off of him.

He tapped his finger on the table as he stared off at anything but Baekhyun's face.

He felt jittery, like he couldn't stop moving.

Maybe it was because of the awkward feeling surrounding the table, or maybe it was because he couldn't bring himself to whisk Baekhyun away and talk to him like he wanted to.

Chanyeol sighed to himself and he realized that he wasn't even eating—yet he didn't even bother going to get something because he had long lost his appetite.

Chanyeol couldn't stand the ungainly atmosphere anymore so he stood up, breaking it like glass.

"I'm just going to leave..." He awkwardly mentioned and moved away, shuffling out of his spot.

He couldn't wrap his mind around it... Why was everyone so quiet? It was never like that at the table, even that one time where Chanyeol had accidentally kicked Sehun in the crotch during soccer...

What was wrong with everyone?

Chanyeol walked in the hallways with his hands in his pockets, looking down at the familiar dull floor. He kicked a pencil on his way, talking to himself in his thoughts.