Chapter 3

After staying at school with Chanyeol, Baekhyun felt a little closer to the captain, even if it was just by a millimetre.

But of course, the teasing didn't stop.

"Chanyeollie, I've always had a question," Baekhyun asked. "Why don't we have a coach?"

"Well because our coach was lazy. He let me take over, and look where that got us." Chanyeol motioned to all of the members who were panting after doing drills.

"Certainly not a good place," Baekhyun muttered.

"What did you just say—"

"Right, Baekhyun you know about the Gyeoul Championships right?" Xiumin asked and Baekhyun nodded. "That's happening in two weeks from now."

"Exactly, so that means from now on, practices will stretch by another hour," Chanyeol spoke up and Baekhyun's eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

"Three hours of practice?! Nine hours every week?!" Baekhyun exclaimed incredulously.

"If you want I could make it twelve hours every week, so shut up," Chanyeol snapped and Baekhyun pouted, crossing his arms.

"So how many schools are we playing against?" Baekhyun asked after a while.

"Mmmm last year we played against 5 so this year it would probably be six- if we advance. I heard there's a new school and they have pretty good players there," Chanyeol stated and Baekhyun nodded. "But today, we can leave practice early."

"Oh, why?" Baekhyun asked curiously.

"I have a doctor's appointment, just to check if everything's good," Chanyeol replied, making his way over to the change rooms.

"Hmmm okay." Baekhyun made his way to the change rooms also, slipping inside after Chanyeol. Eventually, everyone else is in there too, changing to leave.

"I'll see you guys later!" Baekhyun called out and walked to the front of the school. He pushed open the doors and walked outside, breathing in the fresh air. Just as he was about to leave to go to the bus stop, he sees something that makes him halt.

Kyungsoo and Jongin were talking together about something.

Baekhyun crept up by the corner and peeked his head around, trying to catch some of the words that they were saying.

"Please give me another chance?" Jongin asked and Baekhyun tried even harder to catch his friend's quiet voice.

"You know I—"

"What are you doing?" He heard from behind him and Baekhyun flinched, turning around quickly. But when he turned around, he hit his face on the pole that hung the South Korean flag.

Baekhyun let out a groan of pain and crouched down, holding his head in his hands.

"You really are an idiot, you know that right?" Chanyeol asked.

"You scared me," Baekhyun remarked and looked up at Chanyeol, wincing in pain.

"Well sorry." Chanyeol held out his hand and Baekhyun took it, pulling himself back up. When he stood back up, his world began to spin and he took a step back, holding up a hand to his head again.

Chanyeol suddenly reached out and placed a hand on the back of Baekhyun's head, causing the smaller to look at him in the eyes. Baekhyun then noticed that Chanyeol's eyes looked very pretty in the sunlight, even when you usually don't describe boy's eyes as pretty. "You would've hit your head on the pole again," the captain stated.

"Thanks..." Baekhyun trailed off and turned around carefully to look at Jongin and Kyungsoo. "Do you know anything about them?"

"Not really... All I know is that Jongin is interested in Kyungsoo... I don't know in which way but he definitely watches that guy too much." When both Baekhyun and Chanyeol look at each other again, they realize that they were standing far too close for their likings.

Baekhyun, being the stupid idiot he is, tried to back up again. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's wrist and pulled him, causing the smaller basketball player to slam into Chanyeol's chest.

Baekhyun just stood there for a moment, his ear against Chanyeol's chest. He heard the noise of Chanyeol's heart beating and for some reason he couldn't pull away.

"What are you guys doing?" They heard and Baekhyun and Chanyeol quickly pulled away. Chanyeol even went to the extent of pushing Baekhyun away and when he did, Baekhyun ultimately hit his head on the pole, causing him to let out another groan.

Whoever it was that was talking burst out laughing and the two soon figured out that it was Chen from the photography club.

"I caught you guys doing something weird." Chen was still laughing and Chanyeol scowled.

Chanyeol never really liked Chen, he was way too... Witty...

"It wasn't anything weird, I was just helping Baekhyun—"

"He was trying to touch my butt," Baekhyun spoke up suddenly, causing Chanyeol to look at Baekhyun with an incredulous look. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and stuck his tongue out.

Oh so he's mad that I pushed him into the pole,
Chanyeol thought sourly. "Well it's not my fault you asked for it," he retorted, causing Baekhyun to gasp.

Chen just burst out laughing again and the two glared at him. "Are you boyfriends or something? Because that's hilarious," Chen said before he finally left, going back inside of the school to take his weird pictures.

"You stupid midget," Chanyeol hissed and Baekhyun scowled.

"You weren't the one who hit your head on a pole twice," he stated, moving so that he wasn't being cornered by Chanyeol and the pole anymore.

"Wait," Chanyeol suddenly said. "Where is Kyungsoo and Jongin?" Chanyeol pointed out and Baekhyun turned around, seeing that the two were gone.

"I don't know... They probably disappeared when we were talking about my butt."

"Why did you do that anyways? I did not deserve that kind of treatment." Chanyeol crossed his arms and Baekhyun grinned at him.

"Because everyone knows that you want this butt anyways," Baekhyun turned around and bent over, slapping his butt a couple of times for extra effect.

"Oh you little fucker." Chanyeol ran towards Baekhyun and Baekhyun laughed, running away.

Baekhyun jumped onto the bus that had arrived and told it to go faster, and so it did, leaving Chanyeol there similar to what happened last time.

Baekhyun stuck his tongue out and flipped him the bird, grinning when he saw Chanyeol glaring at him.

Once Chanyeol was out of sight, Baekhyun thought back to what happened with Kyungsoo and Jongin and felt his face heating up when he remembered how Chanyeol had pulled him towards his chest.

Stupid Chanyeol. Who does he think he is... Baekhyun looked out the window and let his thoughts roam about the championships, wondering if their school could actually win a medal.

------------

[A/N]

So this was a short chapter, basically it was introducing Kaisoo kehehe and also the championships! So... Who do you think the new basketball school is *wink wink* but of course I couldn't forget Chanbaek so I had to add those scenes in there hehe... I wrote this quickly so sorry for the typos

K I'll C you later