AKA Jessica Jones

I awake to find my hands and feet bound to a plastic chair. My neck and upper back have a craning pain as they've been lowered for so long. I'm still in Jessica's room, with Jessica at her desk. Seeing me awaken from the reflection on her monitor, she turns around in her swivel chair.

"Alright, we've passed the twelve hour mark. If you were under Kilgrave's control, it should have worn off by now," she grumbles, placing her feet on the nearby dresser.

"I'm telling you, I don't know who Kilgrave is," I plead, "if you'd only let me explain-"

"Then explain," Jessica insists, her voice throaty and grating.

I shake my head, "That was a mistake. You'd never believe me if I explained."

Jessica turns back to her desk, "As I suspected, you're not a cop. Your name and number don't exist in any police registry. But the trouble is...you don't exist at all. No birth records, phone numbers, linked address, no nothing."

"How...how do you know all this?" I ask in disbelief.

She turns around, revealing her computer screen, brighter and smaller than any computer screen I've ever seen before, propped up on nothing but its own keyboard, "Internet."

I scrunch my eyes, "What's...internet?"

Jessica's eyes widen, as she sees the legitimate confusion in my expression, "You're sure you've never met a man, tall, dark hair, likes to wear purple, British accent? Kilgrave?"

"No, I told you, I have not! Why do you keep going about this Kilgrave character?! Who is he?!" I shout in frustration.

She leans back in her chair, "Explain you situation. Maybe...maybe I'll be able to help."

Now she's offering her help? What is up with this woman?

"Like I said, you wouldn't believe me if I-"

"A couple of weeks ago, aliens attacked the city, I have super strength, and Kilgrave is a man with mind control. At this rate, I'm willing to believe anything," Jessica counters.

An alien attack? I guess that explains those torn up buildings, but this hardly seems like the place to be attacked by aliens, save the future technology.

I sigh, "I am not of your world. I'm from another dimension, where, a friend of mine had created a transdimensional portal. A man named Harrison Wells tried rerouting the portal so that he could return to...what I'm assuming is the future, based on where I landed. I stopped him, but got knocked in. And now, I'm here."

"So wait, are you from the past, or from an alternate universe?" Jessica asks.

I purse my lips, "Well, considering that you think Gotham doesn't exist, I'd guess alternate universe. By the way...if this place isn't Gotham City, then where am I?"

Jessica smirks, and reaches her arms out, "Welcome to New York City."

The door opens, as Trish walks in, "Oh, you're awake."

She crosses her arms as she stands next to Jessica, "So 'not a real officer', what do you have to say for yourself?"

"She says she's from an alternate universe," Jessica replies, her tone hiding whether she's being snarky or sincere.

Trish raises an eyebrow, and sighs, "Well, I called the police, the real police. They might be able to find someone to help you."

I lower my head, "I doubt they'll believe me either, but...thank you, regardless."

Jessica gets up out of her chair, "No, no, Trish, you called the police? You can't do that, no-"

"Yes, I can, and should. We have a person impersonating a police officer who believes she's from another universe! ...Jessica, I don't think she's mentally well."