Shoot a Crooked Arrow

Investigating a warehouse recently bought under Marsha's name, I shoot my grappling gun and fly up to the roof. Dressed in my Trickstress costume along with a camera strapped to my shoulder, my shadow is illuminated by the light coming through the skylight. The warehouse looks fairly normal, filled with large shipping crates stacked on top of each other.

Opening up the skylight, I drop down, hiding behind the first pile of shipping crates I see. Wispy talking can be heard echoing along the cold warehouse walls. I can't quite tell where the sound's coming from, but someone is definitely here.

Checking each corridor before I pass through, I explore the warehouse. Just as I head down the third hallway, there's a loud slamming of the door, and the whispering stops. They must have left, good, now I have this place to myself.

After turning the corner, I discover what must be Marsha's base of operations. It's several tables lined up in a square formation. Each table is covered in papers, trash, and various leather suitcases. A wooden baseball bat leans against one of the table. I should probably check the suitcases first. They could contain stolen property.

I take the camera and take some time to take pictures of the warehouse, including Marsha's little hideout. Letting the camera fall back on its strap, I begin open the suitcases. Picking the lock, I open the first one to reveal gold and silver pocket watches, along with loose rhinestones and a pearl necklace. These must have been from the jewel exhibit last night.

I finish snapping a picture of the suitcase's contents when there's a loud, single bang on the concrete floor of the warehouse.

"Well, it seems we have an uninvited guest," Marsha announces, the Bookworm and the Archer at her side. The slamming noise came from the black wooden cane she's carrying, which matches her long black dress.

She points at me with her cane, "Get her boys!"

The Bookworm and the Archer charge after me, and I bolt the other way. Once it's behind me, I push one of the tables over before continuing to retreat. Marsha's henchmen leap over the table, bounding ahead.

I try to find my way back to the skylight where I dropped down from, but the passages made out by the storage crates all look the same.

The Archer uses his large figure to gain on me. He tackles me to the ground, and I take out one of my knives and stab him in the arm. He groans, pulling back, and leaving me just enough room to kick him in the stomach and scramble out.

Continuing to run down the hallway, I turn a sharp corner, and am greeted by a wooden baseball bat that slams me right in the face. I fall to the ground, and as I begin to pass out, standing over me are the Archer, and the Bookworm holding the baseball bat in his gloved hands.

    I awake with my hands and legs spread out and tied up. This better not become a habit with me...

I glance around, and this time I'm tied up to a wooden wheel with a red and blue circle outline painted on, similar to a dartboard. My mask and costume are still on, I guess they're not all that concerned with my secret identity, they probably think I'm just some kid from off the street. On the other hand, my weapons and gadgets, as well as my camera, are off of my person, sitting on the far-off table in Marsha's hideout. As I shift around, the wheel slowly spins with my movements. This thing spins? Are they going to try to make me sick? Use me for target practice?

My vision suddenly becomes dark, and fuzzy. Oh no...something's wrong? Is it a concussion? That seems to be the most likely option.

The Bookworm and the Archer step out from behind a pile of crates. The Archer wields a bow in his hand, along with a sheath of arrows strapped to his back.