Chapter 1-Intro

*beep beep, beep beep* ugh, I hate alarm clocks. "El, time to get up for work!"

"Ok".

Elowyn is my roommate and my best friend. We've been friends since we were little kids.

After I got dressed and ready, I checked my list to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. I'm not a morning person so I tend to not think sometimes. Camera, check. Keys, phone, and wallet, check. Work badge...uh, oh yeah, in the drawer...check. "Almost ready, El?"

"Yeah, just gotta find my shoes."

"Ok, I'll be waiting in the car."

Shortly after, Elowyn gets in the passenger seat of my car and we drive to Cinema (a movie magazine company) in Beverly Hills which is about a 20 minute drive from our apartment in Santa Monica. I work as a photographer and occasionally do interviews. Elowyn is a stylist for the photo shoots. She mainly does make up and hair. We both have been working at Cinema for a few years now. I love my job. I'm surrounded by my three favorite things: my best friend, photography, and movies.

When we arrived at Cinema, I parked my car and Elowyn and I headed to our studio. Since it was the start of a new week, I decided to stop by my boss' desk to pick up my new assignment. As I grabbed the papers off the desk, I quickly looked down with anticipation, like always, because I love to find out which celebrity I get to work with for the week. However, today was different. Let's just say that the word "excited" is a severe understatement. I literally screamed and jumped up and down in front of a group of co-workers who were staring at me wondering what was going on. I admit, I fan-girled for a moment, and then ran down the hallways to my studio so I could tell Elowyn the news. "OH MY GOSH! GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT?!?"

"Calm down Kendra. What is it?"