Episode 35 - Huntersode 1: Deal failed

Hello whovians!

Now, as you see, this episode is not just a normal 'Whosode', it's also a huntersode aka a crossover episode with Supernatural. It serves as epilogue to this season and prologue to the next.

Enjoy the season finale!

***

I received no phone calls. After the attack of Daleks, somebody, -namely the Doctor, or so I guessed-, put me on the list of missing people and my parents took it for granted, while William's parents never called me anyway. Other people from my family were either missing or dead. And for the first time in my life, I was both alone and lonely at the same time.

Only emptiness surrounded me for days. Then weeks and at the end six months passed before I finally put myself together enough to function normally.

And then I got a bright – or maybe extremely stupid idea. My genius faded and I'm not sure if I was thinking clearly at the moment the thought came to my mind.

I could completely loose it without noticing despite the promise I gave to William.

Whatever it was, I had to at least try.

I grabbed a shoebox and filled it with needed ingredients, though it did take me some time to find a right cat. Then I climbed into the car and drove off.

The ride was long and I'm not entirely sure where I finally stopped. I think it was somewhere in middle of a forest in Wales.

Then, I dug.

I made a hole in the dirt next to the road, one too big for the relatively small shoe box.

I put the box in and buried it, together with my past, or so I reckon now.

"God forgive me," I murmured.

I looked up and at the way I came from. I turned forward and finally took the time to notice the three paths connecting to the one I came from.

And then, suddenly I wasn't alone.

"Hello, how can I help?" a young girl's voice asked. By her look, I knew she wanted to say something else entirely, probably along the lines of 'who summons me here'.

Her vessel looked around nineteen years old, and a little smirk rested on her face. The kind look didn't go well with the fact I knew she was a demon, as well as didn't her nerdy glasses and blushing red cheeks with freckles. The vessel's eyes were warm brown, reminding me of Emily, and the curly hair was dark brown colour.

She was wearing a white t-shirt and a leather jacket, pair of dark blue jeans and black leather boots with high heels. She had dark gloves without fingers on her hands and as far as I could see, she wore no makeup.

"I want to make a deal."

"Doesn't everyone?" she laughed. Her smooth high voice was a weird addition to things that don't fit a demon. "Fine, go on. What does the biggest topic of year 2015 desire?"

"What do you mean 'biggest topic of 2015'?"

"Is that it?"

"No, no, no no ... fine, here's the deal. Bring them back. Emily, Patricia and William, all of them. Healthy, alive and happy, and you get all my regenerations and my soul in ten years."

"Ummm," she started visibly pretending to be in deep thought. A few moments passed before she finally moved.

She shook her head.

"What does that mean?"

"It means no."

"Aren't you supposed to ..." I started, but she cut me off.

"I know, I know. Crossroads demon, supposed to collect souls, but Alya, deal's definitely, fully, unambiguously off."

"But ..."

She walked closer and grabbed my shoulder. "Do you sincerely want to go down there?"

I shook my head.

"I thought so. My older brother might be angry because of that, I might get sent to a lower rank for that but trust me, you are better off without that godforsaken deal."

"That's not true."

She sighted. "You might think so, right now. You know, my bro wanted his ..." she made a pause and pointed down somewhere in direction of her feet, "man thing bigger and it put him in an early grave."

My mind, that thing that sometimes got the genius award and was sometimes as stupid and useless as a soap opera, pulled out an old piece of Supernatural trivia I happened to almost delete from my memory. "That brother you're keep talking about, do you mean Crowley?"

She nodded. "This one, yes."

"So you're ..."

"Queen of the crossroads, crowned princess of hell, heiress to the throne."

"I'm really sorry for whatever happened to you when Luci was out of the cage for the second time."

"No need for that, it was the best few months in my life. I got laid by Dean Winchester, for Castiel's sake."

I blinked.

"Oh by the way, there's also no need to bow. I met an older you, and if you're anything like that curly girlfriend of Wade Wilson ..."

"News flash, Deadpool isn't real."

"Did I say he was? Anyway, deal's off, I have no idea what I'm still doing here." She shrugged.

I grabbed the hem of her jacket and pulled her closer. She wanted to little-talk herself out of our conversation without making a deal. Her last statement pissed me off the most and with my eyes fixated on hers I growled silently. "Why are you doing this to me? You're a demon! A sinister fairy godmother! GIVE THEM BACK!" My eyes filled with tears of anger, sadness and fear.

She didn't switch the eye colour. The pair of them was still brown, as she silently whispered: "If it means anything to you, your sister is not down there."

"It means nothing to me unless she's right here with me."

I was still holding her by her leather jacket and she started visibly panicking. She faintly smiled anyway. "At moments like this, you really remind me of someone else, Alya Collins."

I let her go. "It's Aishling. Who do I remind you of?" I demanded.

The demon smiled. "In their thirties, remarkable eyes and would do anything for their sibling. Ringing any bells?"

I blinked, while she smiled and disappeared.

Then it clicked to me. "Wait, why are you comparing me to Dean Winchester?" Will I also sleep with her in the future?

It was no use. She was gone. Deal failed.

***

*1 minute silence for the end of the season as screen goes dark*

And now, that the official business is over, tell me if you think the whole thing was too predictable, what are your theories for next season and so on.

You are welcome to follow COMW's official tumblr, comw-official and I ask you to stay tooned in for next week's bonus scenes for episodes The study in weird, Moving and Stayin' alive.

Comment, vote and read you next week!

V. T. Holmes