Episode 24: Time traveller's child

Hello whovians!

So, the new episode is here, and maybe with a too obvious title unless ... you know what, find it out yourself. :)

***

3 weeks later

I knew my period was late, but I didn't expect getting positive pregnancy test results. I mean, we used protection and everything. Or did we?

Dialling William's number, partially to tell him the big news, partially to ask him if we did use protection, I walked to the living room where Emily was pretending to study. I could see her text somebody.

"Hey, sugar!" he answered the call.

"Stop with those nicknames," I laughed.

"So, what's new?"

"I'm pregnant!" I announced.

"Wait, what?"

"I am pregnant. Do I have to spell it out for you?"

"I will be a dad?" he said after a few moments of silence.

"That's what I'm saying, right?"

"I will be a dad!" he happily exclaimed and made me smile and completely forget about the question I was going to ask.

I could almost see his face with a huge smile on it and running around telling the big announcement to everyone around him like Darth Vader in 'how it should have ended' videos.

"Any ideas for a name?" he finally asked.

"I don't even know yet if it will be a girl or a boy. I think we should wait."

"You're right. I'll call you later, okay?"

"Sure. Bye."

"Bye, sunshine." He hung up before I could angrily exclaim his name. He knew that I didn't like to be called with ridiculous nicknames and that's why he called me that.

Sitting down next to Emily, who was still pretending to do school work while actually texting some friend, I sighted.

"Never. Loki is way cooler than Thor," I heard her dictate to herself. I softly smiled. My younger sister was a lot of things and I was really glad loyal was one of them.

I grinned. "Is that a pun? Because it's awful."

"No goddamned pun intended," she said through her teeth. "Anyway," pushing her notes aside she turned to me and said: "so what's that with you telling Will you're pregnant? Are you pregnant? Did you actually ..."

"Shut up and yes, in fact you're about to become and aunt."

"Sweet. But don't even dare naming the kid after me."

"I'll try," I smiled.

"Can I tell mom?"

"Go on," I sighted, knowing she'd do that anyway.

She dialled her number and soon mom answered.

"Yeah, cool mom. Listen, Alya's pregnant," Emily answered whatever mom said on the other side.

A moment of silence followed.

"No mom! Right now, I'm completely serious. Alya 'I'm very smart, notice that already' Collins is really pregnant," then mom said something on the other side and then Emily said: "okay, okay, I'll get her. Wait a sec."

She handed me her LG and I pressed it against my ear. "Hey mom."

"Are you pregnant, sweetie?"

"Stop calling me sweetie. And yes, I am. For once, you should believe Emily 'yeah, I have a boyfriend from Sweden' Collins."