Chapter Eight

"Happy birthday, love," mother greeted, as soon as Jasmine walked down the stairs.

"Figured you'd love this," Jerich says, handing her a small bag with goodies and make up in it.

"Geez, thank you," Jasmine smiled.

"And this is for you," Jeremy says, handing her a shoe box, with the pair of shoes she's been eyeing for.

"Happy birthday," Jerome says, giving her a big hug and a even bigger teddy bear.

Jasmine was only being showered with so many sweet gifts.

"Your father meant to give you this," mother says, handing her a ring that her father had bought for her, before his passing.

"Thank you, thank you for all of this," Jasmine smiled, about to leave the house for work. And as soon as she opened the door, she jumped out of her skin, with the sight of Dele infront of her.

"Dele!" She gasped, as he picked her up swiftly, hugging her as tightly as ever.

"Follow me," he says.

"But I have work," Jasmine responded.

"I've got that sorted out. Just follow me," Dele smiled.

"Where to?"

"I've never got the chance to ask you out on a proper date, haven't I?" Dele smirked.

"No... but...."

"No rejections. You're all mine today," Dele laughed, as he helped her in the car.

Jasmine giggled a little. Oh, how she wished that she'd be his... forever...

"Where are you taking me to?" Jasmine asked, as soon as she buckled up her seatbelt.

"Somewhere we've been dreaming to go to together, since young," Dele smiled.

"The upper town Theme Park?" Jasmine squealed.

Dele nodded with a smile, which immediately made Jasmine excited like a child.

They reached the park shortly, with almost the whole place filled with children.

"It's not quite for us to be here," Jasmine whispered.

"Ah, who cares?" Dele smiled, with his fingers locked around Jasmine's.

It felt almost magical, the moment he pulled her closer to him. It felt like it was a dream. A dream come true.

They sat down on a restaurant nearby, after hours of roller coaster rides.

"What'd you like to eat?" Dele asks, not cutting off the straight glance he was having, into Jasmine's eyes.

Before she could respond, Dele took off his jacket, wrapping it around her.

"Sorry, it just seems like your white dress wasn't quite appropriate once it gets drenched," he says.

"You're telling me only now?" Jasmine blurted out, as she immediately put on his jacket.

"Yeah, I didn't want anyone one else to see," Dele replied.

She looked down at her 'see through' dress, which revealed her bright red bra underneath the sheer, white dress. She then looked up to Alli who has been admiring her for long.

She raised an eye brow, noticing that Dele was still looking at her.

"Don't worry," he smiled.

"I've seen it all."

Jasmine remained silent, as she aggresively tried to hide the blush on her cheeks. She couldn't help but to smile and giggle, everytime they made eye contact. They were like little kids, on their first date.

"What would you lovely couple like to get?" A waiter approached them.

"I'd like to have the beef burger with iced lemon tea please. And, what would my beautiful girlfriend like to have?" Dele smirked.

"That's cute," the waiter smiled.

"Uhh, I'll have the chicken roll and iced tea," Jasmine said.

"You know what this remind me of?" Dele says, in the middle of their lunch.

"What?

"My 9th birthday party," Dele responded.

"Why is that so?"

"I remembered I sent out 50 invitation cards. Only you turned up," Dele laughed.

What a pity. Those 49 people must've missed out.

"We sat outside at my backyard and had a birthday picnic with boxes of pizzas my mum ordered, remember?" Dele added.

Jasmine laughed as she nodded.

"I kind of appreciate the 49 people who didn't turn up though. I found you," he smiled.

"You know what this reminds me of?" Jasmine asked, as she looked out through the car window. It was already dark outside and the only thing that lit up the place was how bright Dele's smile was.

"What?"

"Reminds me of that time when we'd build cars out of card board and drove them around the neighbourhood," Jasmine giggled.

Dele responded with a giggle, as he pulled over at the front of her house. He turned to face the beautiful girl, the girl he has been in love with for so long.

"Jasmine..."

She looked up to meet his hazel eyes, with their faces inching closer.

"I love you.... so much," he says, sending a shiver down Jasmine's spine. It was like music to her ears. And slowly, he reached his hand out to hold her hand. And another hand, layed on her cheeks, as he pulled her closer. He felt their lips connecting, with every breath they took, the love was only stronger between them.

"I love you too..." Jasmine smiled.