Chapter Ten

The gleaming light from the sun shine through Jasmine's curtains, as it reflected upon her soft skin. It was 10am. She had a stretch, before she took a long bath, which was ordered by her mother.

"Did you had a good night sleep?" Her mother asks, as she helped her with her hair.

"Yes, I did," Jasmine smiled.

Jasmine put on her wedding dress. It almost felt like Dele had proposed just yesterday. In fact, it was already a week since then.

"Have he called you?" mother asks.

"Not yet."

"It all had to come to this," mother started.

"What do you mean?"

"Friends. Love. Marriage. I'm glad it's Dele."

Jasmine smiled upon hearing that.

"Jasmine dear, I believe that he's a good man. You've known him since you were a child and he has never forgotten you ever since. I know that you're in good hands now. He'll take care of you," her mother says, as her tears ran down her cheeks.

"Mother, why?" Jasmine asked, wiping off her tears.

"It's just that... I'm happy my baby girl is now a grown up girl," she smiled.

"Mother, I'll always be your baby girl," Jasmine hugged her mother.

"I know. Your father would be very proud," her mother replied, as she took out a letter from her pocket.

"Your father wanted me to pass this to you," she smiled, and left the room.

To: My dearest Jasmine.
From: Your father.

I'm sorry if I am not the best father for you. I'm sorry if I had not made you the happiest. And mostly, I'm sorry I couldn't make it for your glorious wedding. I had your mother write this down when I was still consious. If you're reading this, that means that I'm happy, somewhere else.

On this special day, I'm very proud and happy for you. My dearest child is now married to the man of her dreams. Whoever it is, I'm very sure he'll take good care of you. Be the happiest angel and don't worry too much, my love. Take good care of yourself, your husband, your mother, brothers and your future children.

We may not be together physically but believe me, I'll always be there. I'm always there to see how you're doing.

I love you. I love you ver much.

With love,
Father.

Jasmine's heart shattered a little, as she read the last words.

"I love you too, father," she whispered.

Jeremy and my two other brothers entered the room, all dressed up in their tuxedos.

"You look amazing," Jeremy smiled.

"Well, coming from you, I appreciate that," Jasmine laughed.

"Are you ready?" Jeremy asks.

"Ready. Just don't let me fall," Jasmine says, as she held her brother's arm, to walk down the aisle.

Everybody stood up, to welcome the bride.

"Everybody's looking," Jasmine whispered.

"Believe me, they are all looking at how beautiful you are," Jeremy replied.

Jasmine looked up for a while, to see so many people around her. She could already spot Jerich and Jerome standing at the corner, with mother weeping away, Eric and Christian clapping their hands, Harry at the corner with his wife, and the manager smiling away.

She took small steps, fearing to fall.

"Don't worry, I promise I won't let you fall," Jeremy says.

His words put Jasmine's heart at ease and soon enough, she stood beside her husband-to-be.

"Repeat after me."

She turned to face Dele, who had been smiling and grinning since the beginning.

"I, Bamidele Jermaine Alli, take Jasmine Sandria James as my wife," Dele started.

"I Jasmine Sandria James, take Bamidele Jermaine Alli as my husband," Jasmine continued.

"To cherish and love, till' death do us part," the both of them repeated together.

"I do," Dele smiled.

"I do."

"You may kiss the bride."

And as quick as lightning, Dele grabbed Jasmine's waist, as he pulled her closer. He lifted her chin up and pressed his lips upon hers, as everyone started to cheer and clap.

"This is a dream come true," he smiled, as they walked down the aisle together.

It was all they dreamt of, to marry the ones they truly love. And in this case, it was each other.

The End.