Chapter Nine

Jasmine picked herself off the bed, as she slowly walked towards the kitchen. It seemed that nobody was awake yet. She looked at the clock; perfect. She had more than enough time before Dele's match, which was Tottenham vs Arsenal. She rewarded herself with a long soothing bath, before putting on the jersey Dele had given her. And soon enough, she was already off to go.

She had bought herself a ticket nearby the field and it already gave her a clear view of Dele.

The match started off smoothly and she just couldn't get her eyes off Dele at any second.

Halftime; as Dele walked off the pitch, he quickly looked around for Jasmine.

"Dele!" She waved.

"Jasmine!" Dele smiled, and then winked.

It was already enough for Eric Dier to start asking him questions. Those two are impossible to be seperated and it was already known that Dele might've told Eric one or two things about herself.

"So that's the girl?" Eric asked, before drinking his water.

"Yes, that's her. What do you think?" Dele replied.

"She's gorgeous. She's a lucky woman, isn't she."

"No, I'm the lucky man," Dele smiled.

"Ah, that cheeky smile. You must be up to something," Eric held Dele's shoulders, before Dele could walk away.

"Come on, second half is about to begin," Dele said.

"I don't care, tell me," Eric insisted.

One thing Eric is all about is he was stubborn and impatient, like a little child when told 'No'. Dele could've find more than one annoying trait that he disliked about Eric but they were completely the same, always making a fool out of themselves. The whole team knows how strong their friendship is, and sometimes, even Luke and Harry joins in. It wasn't surprising at all. Lowkey, all of the players were a little playful here and there.

"Oh you little shit," Dele groaned, before he pulled Eric's shirt closer to him and whispered into his ears.

"No way!" Eric squealed. Everyone turned around to see what was up.

"Sorry." Eric mouthed.

"Yes way," Dele smirked.

"You have to be kidding me, right?" by now, Eric was already slightly jumping.

"I'm serious. Just wait and see," Dele laughed, as they got back to the pitch to resume their game.

And just at the last whistle, the Tottenham players were celebrating their victory, with a 2-1. Dele ran all around the pitch like a lost child, before he stopped infront of Jasmine's row and called her.

"Jasmine, come here!" He says, pointing towards the nearest railing. She went towards him, only the railing to seperate them both.

"Congrats!" She smiled, before she threw her arms around him to hug him.

"Dele! DELE! DELE!" Eric Dier, Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen were already chanting his name at the back.

"Oh baby, kiss me!" Danny Rose mocked.

"Oh, shut the..." Dele rolled his eyes, and then reconnecting his eye contact with Jasmine.

"It's okay, it's okay," Jasmine smiled, placing her palm on his cheeks.

He was breathing so heavily. I mean, who wouldn't? He just ran around the field like he was chased around by a dog. But in his scenario, nothing was chasing him. It was just him; being the dog.

"I wanted to know," he said, but at the same time, struggling to catch his breath.

"What?" Jasmine asked.

And right at the most unexpected moment, Dele got on his knee, as Eric came and handed him a small box. The crowd was going wild, cheering and the Tottenham players were adding much to the noise level.

"I wanted to know if you'd be my wife," Dele smiled, as he took out a beautiful diamond ring.

Jasmine's eyes started to tear up, as she looked down and what she thought was impossible. Dele? The person whom she never thought to reunite with.

"Go for it," Jasmine heard a familiar voice from the crowd. She turned around to see her mother and brothers cheering as well.

"Yes, of course," Jasmine cried, before she fall right into Dele's arms, as he put the ring on her finger. He pulled her chin up, placing a kiss on her lips.

With everyone in the stadium cheering, all Jasmine could hear was Dele's heart beating through his chest as she rested her head on his chest, wrapping her arms around her.

"I love you so much," he whispers, laying a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you more," she replied, hugging him even more tightly.

It was a dream come true, to be in that moment. The moment she wished for, with the person she wished for.

You know when you're growing up as a kid, you've always dreamt of your wedding day, and your prince charming. This was everything Jasmine could've ever wished for and for her to know, this was only a new step to a new beginning.