Coffee & Conversation In The Library

Frank held his mug of coffee tightly in both hands. He was sitting on the cool, metal surface of the main platform with the Doctor as they drifted through space. Only after he had woken up had he fully realized what he had witnessed the night before. That was really messed up.

"He's really dead?" He asked the Doctor, quietly, as the time lord swiped to the left on a screen at the controls.

The Doctor turned to him with a sad expression. "Afraid so." He replied, walking over to Frank and sitting on the floor next to him. "I can't always save everyone in time... I'm lucky I got to you."

"I almost died too..." Frank thought out loud in a near silent tone.

"Are you alright?" The Doctor asked, putting a hand on Frank's shoulder. "Do you need more coffee? My companions usually really like the stuff. Never could get into it myself, always thought it was a bit nasty."

Frank shook his head. "I'm okay..." He said, tightening the grip on his cup. He was just a bit shaken up... It's not like he had seen Brendon or Ryan die, it's just that he had seen Brendon just the day before... People can really go that fast?

"Do you need a shock blanket?" The Doctor asked, worry still etched into his features. "I have one with little cats on it, like they're flying through space. Meant as a gag gift but, joke's on them, I love cats and space."

Frank shook his head again, bringing his cup shakily to his lips. What if he disappeared? What if he never made it home?.. Would anyone honestly care?..

"Frankie, how about I take you somewhere nice?" The Doctor asked with a warm smile, "I know of fantastic beach hide aways, or secluded mountain views, or even just looking out to the galaxy." He squeezed Frank's shoulder to get the human to look over at him. "What do you say?"

Frank peaked over his cup at the Doctor. He nodded, barely, pulling the cup away. "That sounds nice." He replied, lowly.

"I know a great place to take you!" The Doctor jumped up and hurried to the tardis' controls. He swiped the screen for a few moments before letting out an exclamation. He hurried back over to Frank and extended his hand. Frank shifted his mug to one hand and gripped the doctor's in his other.

"Where to?" Frank asked, looking curiously at the monitor that the Doctor had been messing with.

"Somewhere nearby." The Doctor replied, simply, pulling Frank up to his feet. "We'll get there soon. Care for a trip around the tardis in the meantime?"

Frank shrugged. It's not like he was leaving the ship anytime soon. He just needed something to get his mind off of last night.

The Doctor grinned, pulling Frank to the upper set of stairs on the octagon platform. "Come on! It's not all that exciting, but let's look at the library! You can barely tell that the swimming pool was once in there."

"The what!?"

"It's a funny story, but not our main focus at the moment!" The Doctor laughed, nervously, still pulling Frank along.

Frank held back a laugh as he followed the Doctor down the long hallway inside the tardis. He stopped only when the Doctor haulted in front of a large double door. Frank awed at it. How had he never noticed that?

"Care to step inside?" The Doctor asked, grabbing the door handle and pushing it open. Frank stepped into the room, curiously, looking around. His mouth dropped when he saw how high the shelves reached. It seemed to go on for miles in every direction. It was like paradise for a book worm, if only school hadn't of ruined it for Frank.

"What to you think?" The Doctor asked, slipping inside and shutting the door. "Texts from across the galaxies. A lot of comic books, but important stuff too... With very few pictures..."