RW Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N: I ran out of time yesterday to finish the chapter XD 

I now have a three day weekend :3 

This currently has 49.6K reads :o it's so close to 50k :o I'll be doing a special extra chapter when it does hit 50k because I've never had a story with that many reads before ^-^ 

This chapter has been so difficult to write :/ 

Also, there are going to be three chapters left, including this one and an epilogue. Maybe Four if this gets to 50k reads and I do an extra chapter. I'm so sad, I really don't want this to end :( 

Chapter Twenty-Nine

I hold my mother's hand in mine. They're both unconscious – but thankfully alive.

They had died, but they managed to bring them back. I know that them being alive is the Life Note's doing. For once, I'm grateful for the notebook. Although, a part of me is telling me they wouldn't have been harmed if I hadn't been dragged into the whole Kira and Death Note mess by the Life Note.

I should have been more careful. I was so selfish, I never thought that my actions would end up affecting my parents. I shouldn't have provoked Light. He's been trying to get me since I told him I was Kira, that's if he wasn't already suspicious of me.

I only thought of myself. I never thought about how Light would go after my parents to get to me.

Mello was right.

This has to be a trap. My parents would never drive recklessly. The crash was caused by reckless driving.

Now I've had time to think, I'm very certain that Light got their names and killed them hoping I'd come back to Japan. He may have used it as a way of finding out if I have the Life Note.

Now he knows.

You can't avoid being killed by the Death Note unless the Life Note is used as well.

I squeeze my eyes shut as tears stream down my face. "Forgive me," I mumble as I wipe the tears away with the back of my hand.

I will catch you, Light Yagami, and you'll regret the day you took my brother from me and when you tried to kill my parents. I will get revenge.

***

"How did it go?" Mello asks me when I leave the hospital. I turn to see him leaning against the wall and eating a chocolate bar.

I shrug. "Come on, let's go back to my apartment. It's quite a drive. Plus I don't want to be here anymore." I say quickly as I look around. Mello places his free hand on my shoulder and I jump, not expecting him to do that.

"Calm down, Benihime. We're going to be fine. Matt will be here soon anyway." He reassures me. "He won't hurt you." I look into Mello's blue eyes. He moves his hand from my shoulder and runs his thumb under my eyes. "You've been crying. Your mascara smudged." I look away as my face heats up.

A car pulls up and I see Matt's red car. He leans across the passenger seat and opens the window. "Come on, Lovebirds, I don't have all day."

"Shut up." Mello snaps at the brunette as he opens the passenger door. "You can sit in the front Benihime." I mutter a thanks and sit down. Mello shuts the door and climbs into the back. I've never admitted it out loud, but I love sitting in the front of a car.

"Back to your apartment?" Matt asks me and I nod.

***

Light's POV