RW Chapter Six

A/N: I just wanted to say thank you so much for 18K reads and all the nice comments! This really makes me happy and motivates me to write more :D so thank you all so much :D 

Chapter Six

Ryuuga watches me closely. If I mess up I'm screwed. I pray that he's not the Second Kira, or any other Kira, or helping Light in anyway.

If I die, then Light will immediately know that I'm the one bringing the criminals back.

I take a deep breath and open my mouth. I quickly glance around and hope no one is listening to the conversation. I close my mouth and blink a few times. This is a tricky situation. I'm gambling my own life away. One wrong move and I'm dead.

I ball my hands into fists and dig my nails into my palm. Go, just say something! Light doesn't know my real name, if I mess up I can run far away.

"I think Light is Kira." I blurt out, my voice quiet and I pray that this Ryuuga kid isn't on Team Kira or Team Light. Please, please, please be trying to bring Light down too. Please be an anti-Kira person.

"That's a very strong accusation to make. What makes you think that?" Ryuuga questions. He didn't miss a beat. He replied so smoothly. He raises his thumb to his mouth and pushes at his top lip with it. He's so calm.

"Uh- I knew him at school. He was like any other teenager, then suddenly one day he changed. He seemed to be having less sleep, he paid less attention in class – which he didn't do normally but at least he paid attention for more than five minutes – I don't know... he was just so different. He twitched a lot, too. I didn't really talk to him that much before Kira, but I was forced to work with him on a project so I obviously grew suspicious of the way he acted." I confess quietly, I just hope Light is nowhere near.

"Hm." Is Ryuuga's only reply.

"I started tracking the Kira case from very early on." I admit.

I'm not going to reveal the existence of the Life Note. I need to keep the identity of a university student who has a great interest in the Kira case. I need to remain as innocent as possible, having something that allows me to directly interfere with the case will only get me into trouble. Whether I get killed by Kira for ruining his plans, or the police who are desperately trying to capture said serial killer.

Although, it could make capturing Light easier if I revealed the Life Note, they'll then assume that the Death Note exists and they'll know how Kira kills. Well, Kira. Not the Second Kira. I still have to find out how he kills. Maybe he has a Death Note that only requires people's faces or something.

***

I have no idea what Ryuuga's planning. He didn't reveal anything. Once I was done speaking we just parted ways and carried on with our day.

I walk out into the front of the university and begin making my way home; classes are finally done for the day.

A few metres ahead of me is Light conversing with the strange Ryuuga kid. Both seem quite unhappy like they're having some sort of argument. I try to walk past them, hoping I can pass by unnoticed. For some reason, the pair notice me. I've never had this happen, is it because we're not exactly strangers anymore?

"Kimura-san!" Light's voice hits my ear drums and I scowl. Shoot. Sometimes people want to be noticed, and they're not noticed, and times when people want to go unnoticed then they're noticed. Kind of like the whole 'notice me, senpai' thing. It's not fair.

I turn to face Light Yagami, hoping my scowl isn't too obvious. I'm suspicious enough as it is and scowling doesn't help me whatsoever. "Yes, Yagami-san?" I say politely. I take notice of how the pair are watching me. Light seems to have the expression of someone who has won the lottery and Ryuuga appears to be analysing me.

"Do you want to come with us to the cafeteria? Ryuuga wants to get some cake." Light asks me. Should I go? It seems awfully suspicious. Light Yagami has never invited me anywhere before, and I don't think he likes me that much either. He must have some motive behind his actions.

After realising I hadn't replied, and it would look suspicious if I continue to stare at him wordlessly, I say the first thing that pops into my head; which may have not been the best thing to do.

"Uh... I don't think I have anything to do right now." I blurt out.

"Oh, Light!" A chirpy voice shouts and I turn to see a blonde girl waving at Light with the biggest grin ever. Oh look, a Light fangirl.

Light's POV –

I can kill them both. I just need to get Misa to see them and get their names. If I didn't know better I'd think they were related. They both have fake names, black eyes and black hair. I would be convinced that they were related if I wasn't certain that Benihime is Japanese. She's always lived here from what I'm aware of. She's always attended the schools I went to.

I never really noticed her until we got paired up for that project. I knew of her, she tended to have good grades, I just never spoke to her and I never remember seeing her in classes. She'd always pass by unnoticed by everyone. She never stood out. The only thing that did stand out was her name, Benihime. It's a very unusual name.

I need to get my plan into action. I need to get Misa to see L and Benihime. The quicker they're dead the easier it is for me. I just have to make sure their deaths aren't by heart attacks. If I made that mistake then whoever is bringing them back may resurrect them.

I know whoever that is isn't just bringing back everyone from the dead, they're only bringing back those who died by heart attacks and were criminals. They're against me.

Once L and Benihime are gone, I can find this person and kill them. Then no one will stand against me and I can rise to my rightful place. I can become God of the New World; and no one can stop me.

I see Benihime walking towards us, and I quickly take action. If I have them both together maybe I can call Misa to quickly come over and see them, and to not talk to me. Then I'll call her, get their names and kill them.

"Kimura-san!" I call out. I only just notice the scowl that etches its way onto her face. Her black eyes narrow slightly.

The scowl disappears and she opens her mouth to speak. "Yes, Yagami-san?" She says politely. I hide the joy I'm feeling that I've caught both her and L.

"Do you want to come with us to the cafeteria? Ryuuga wants to get some cake." I ask. She stands there speechless and seems to be deep in thought. Her eyes flash back to life and she finally replies.

"Uh... I don't think I have anything to do right now." Her words are rushed and tumble out of her mouth like she hadn't given much thought to them at all. Her eyebrows slightly knit together and her hands ball into fists.

"Oh, Light!" Misa. I can't tell if I'm happy to see her, or if I'm annoyed that she showed up without a warning. She saunters over to me, waving and wearing a big grin on her face.

Things are starting to get interesting.

A/N: I'm pleased with this chapter, even if I stopped writing it half way through (writer's block) and surfed the internet for a few hours instead. 

I'm hoping it makes sense. I wasn't originally going to have Benihime's point of view where Misa appears, and it was going to be entirely from Light's. So sorry if it doesn't make sense XD 

Anyway, comment and vote if you enjoyed the chapter! I should be updating tomorrow and Wednesday. Then Thursday I'm going to a theme park and Friday I actually need to get college work done instead of playing The Sims 3 and writing fanfiction XD 

- Alice