RW Chapter Eight

A/N: Thank you all for 19k reads! I'm so happy! Also, thank you for 900 votes too (can we get that to 1K?) :D and thank you for over 300 comments too! (I also now have 300 followers :o) 

I won't be updating again until Saturday since I'm busy tomorrow and Friday I need to get some of my college work done, I have an assignment due in a week D': help meee D': 

Also, I made a new cover for this :D do you like it? I'm quite proud of it :3 it's a lot better than the cover before, which was boring and I stole it from Google images. No effort went into the old cover XD 

Anyway... enjoy the chapter! 

Chapter Eight 

Light's POV

I hold the phone to my ear and wait for Misa to pick up. The quicker I get the names, the better.

From behind me, not too far I hear a phone ring and I turn around to see L pulling a familiar phone out of his pocket. I feel my eyes widen.

He got me!

L holds the phone up in the air with his thumb and index finger, holding it at arm's length. I can't tell what his facial expression is as his back is turned to me. I continue to hold the phone to my ear.

"Yes?" I hear a familiar voice. L. "Hello?"

"Ryuuga... This is not funny." I spit into the phone.

"Oh looks like someone dropped this phone in the crowd earlier." Is L's monotonous reply.

He must have taken the phone from her. Misa would never willingly give him the phone. She may be stupid, but she isn't that stupid. If L took her phone then that means he suspects Misa of being the Second Kira already, and her closeness to me is also deepening the suspicion against me.

"Hello?" L's voice repeats and I continue to frown.

"Yeah, you've got Misa's phone. If you give it to me I can return it to her later."

"Oh sure," He replies and hangs up. He walks over to me and drops the phone in my awaiting hand. The frown on my face never vanishes.

L must think he's probably got me, he doesn't know that Misa has another phone. I'll just call that one and get his name, and Benihime's if she has it. Then they're both finished.

Another phone rings. "Oh, now my phone is ringing." L says and yanks the phone out of his pocket, he holds the device to his ear. "Yes, yes. So you did it. Understood." He snaps the phone shut in between his finger and turns to face me. "I believe this will be a case of good news, and bad news for you, Yagami-kun, but Misa Amane has been apprehended on suspicion of being the Second Kira."

I feel the frown vanish and a shocked expression crosses my face in its place.

"An examination of Amane's room produced cat hair, cosmetic products, and clothing fibres similar to those found in the adhesive of the envelopes the Second Kira used to send in the tapes, along with other evidence. The arrest of a suspected Second Kira would cause a worldwide frenzy, so we will keep it secret for now. But we have arrested her, and we've also arrested her manager on a drug possession charge, which will also be kept secret too." L explains.

They apprehended Misa, just when did he start suspecting her? So in the end, rather than going into hiding, Ryuuga was able to protect himself and uncover the truth by staying close to me. He's good; but he won't be good enough. I will get his name and I will kill him. Even if I have to wait a little longer.

"Are you alright, Yagami-kun?" L asks me. "Suddenly hearing about your girlfriend being apprehended as the Second Kira, I can understand the emotions you must be going through. However, Benihime Kimura has also been arrested and will be taken in for questioning as we believe she may know something about the Kira case, which too will be kept a secret."

Benihime too? Shit. She knows I'm Kira and she knows about the Death Note. I'm done for.

I was Naïve, I shouldn't have invited Benihime over and I shouldn't have called Misa so quickly. If Misa has been caught, then Ryuuga's suspicion against me is no longer mere suspicious, and if Misa talks then it's all over. I have to kill Misa and try to kill Benihime too.

Benihime's POV

I ran as quickly as I could. Hopefully luck is on my side and Misa didn't catch my name. I'm praying that my birth parents gave me a pretty normal and forgettable name. If it's something strange like Zelda or Pikachu then Misa will definitely remember it.

From now on, I'll have to avoid Light. I'll have to drop out of university and move. My parents won't be happy but I need to get away.

At least until Misa and Light are captured. I can't risk being killed by either of them.

If I die and criminals start staying dead, then everyone will link the two together and know that I was the one bringing the criminals back.

All Light would need to do is kill L and he's won. I can't let that happen. I can't lose to Kira. I won't lose to Kira.

I burst through the front door.

"We need to leave." I blurt out to my parents who are luckily both home from work.

Mum's calm face turns shocked and Dad looks at me with a confused expression.

"There's literally no time to waste! Say we're going on a surprise holiday or something. Until Kira is defeated." I say quickly. My heart pounding in my chest. "If you don't want to leave, let me borrow some money so I can rent a cheap apartment somewhere. I just have to get away from here as quickly as possible. I'll pay you back every yen I borrow, just please, please. I need to get as far away as possible!"

"Beni," Mum says, she's starting to look slightly worried. She stands up from the sofa and walks towards me. She puts her hands on my shoulders. "Is it a life or death situation?"

"Yes!" I reply. I look into her brown eyes warm and inviting. She pushes a lock of her light brown hair behind her ear and lets out a sigh before turning to Dad.

"We have to let her go, her safety is the most important." She turns back to face me. "You have to promise us to call every night. I don't know what you're going to do about university though, you tried so hard to get in..."

"I'll drop out and take a gap year. I'll say I'm not ready for university quite yet and want a year to figure out what I want to do. Then when I return I'll go back to university. I'll be older than most students, but that's not really a problem." I say and she nods.

"We'll lend you the money." Dad says. "I'll drive you wherever you choose to go and we'll get you an apartment."

A/N: Remember to vote and comment! 

What are your thoughts on the chapter? 

I know Benihime's parents seem really unrealistic... but there's actually a very good reason for them letting Benihime move out. This will all be explained later on in the story, maybe in five chapters or so. 

I'm so excited to write more, the plot is really starting to take shape in my head. For ages I've been making things up as I go along but now I know exactly where this is headed and I'm so excited :D 

I noticed a lot of people like Attack on Titan and Fairy Tail... XD So today's question is: Dub or Sub? You can pick both :D 

I personally prefer dub, but I will watch sub if the voice acting is bad in a dub (Free! is a great example, I'll only watch the sub for that) or if it's a new anime/season and there is no dub yet. I tend to watch anime at night and I have a habit of closing my eyes so it's nice to understand what's being said without having to re-watch an episode because I got too tired to keep my eyes open XD 

- Alice