RW Chapter Fourteen

A/N: yaaay a new update :D it's really late and I'm quite tired D: I've spent the whole day procrastinating because I don't want to finish FMA Brotherhood. I've also been playing Naruto Storm 4 since my little brother is away and I can finally borrow his PS4 XD 

I have this whole story planned out :D I'm really excited to write it :3 

Chapter Fourteen

I lean my head on my palm with my elbow propped up on the table as I stare at the wall, a blank expression on my face.

What can I do? I'm powerless right now. Ari is stopping me from going to Tokyo to investigate the Yotsuba group, so I'm stuck here waiting for L to tell me about anything new.

Light and Misa have left confinement, which – if I'm being perfectly honest – sucks and is probably the worst decision L has made. I'm fairly certain that Light is Kira and Misa is the Second Kira, or at least they were. They should at least stay in confinement until proven innocent. Although, it's innocent until proven guilty – so I guess they had to be let out as there is no solid evidence against them.

I could hand over the Life Note, but how would I be able to bring back criminals? There's no rule saying that I can tear a page out it will still work and I'd rather not try it. It only contains one page of rules, there are no more. I don't know if it's because the Gods of Life know nothing about their own creation, or they weren't feeling creative enough to add several awesome rules. I wonder if the Death Note has these restrictions as well.

I have spent the past two months doing nothing. I've just been monitoring L's files as well as Yotsuba's. Nothing really interesting seems to be happening.

Misa and Matsuda have been sneaking around the Yotsuba building, Matsuda had to fake his death, and the taskforce have been in contact with a member from a group within the Yotsuba company. Both L and I agree that Kira is within that group, it's just trying to find out who.

I just want this to end. I want all the Kiras to be thrown in jail and I want to be able to throw my Life Note back at Ari and return to my almost normal life. I have had to give up university for this case.

I feel my eyes begin to droop. I'm tired, even though I get enough sleep every day, not doing anything causes me to feel so sleepy. Come on, L, catch Kira already.

I look over at Ari who has been watching me all day. "Are you sure I can't go to Tokyo? I'm bored and I want to catch Kira." She shakes her head and I narrow my eyes at her. "Aren't you bored as well? It'll be exciting! You can see Shinigami, right? Then all you have to do is tell me who Kira is because they'll have a Shinigami, then I report them to L and he can quickly find proof and arrest him. Then you can have your stupid Life Note back, and I can go back to university and finish off my education!"

"It's too risky. I'm sure the Taskforce are capable of handling it by themselves." Ari replies monotonously.

I pout. "But they don't have someone who can see Shinigami." I retort, my voice sounding a tad whiny.

"Don't you believe that Light and Misa have Death Notes of their own? Then they'll be able to see Kira's Shinigami."

I let out a sigh and let my head fall to the table.

"I'm so bored!" I complain and let my eyes shut. Music suddenly blares from my computer and I snap my head up. It's probably L.

I open his files and shut off the stupid music he decided to play – something he's done every time he's left me a message as payback. I haven't complained, it makes it a lot easier for me as I don't have to waste time staring at his desktop waiting for a note to appear.

C,

Misa Amane managed to get a confession out of Kyosuke Higuchi. We're planning to arrest him.

Please don't come to Tokyo. Your life could be at risk, so stay where you are. I'll let you know when it's safe. If you're already in Tokyo, then please leave as soon as possible. It seems that you're the only person with the power to counteract Kira, so I'd rather not have you die.

I'll give you a full report on the arrest once it has been successful. I'd rather not risk the plan to fail by carelessly sharing it to someone outside of the Taskforce, I hope you don't mind.

L

They've found Kira?!

I big grin stretches across my face and I immediately feel awake.

Soon I can give up the Life Note and go back to being a normal teenager!

The rest of the day passes by, and I don't hear from L until later that evening.

C

I can confirm that Shinigami exist, and so do Death Notes. By any chance, are you using a Life Note? I remember you saying you're power is similar to Kira's. I understand why you withheld such information, I wouldn't have believed you without proof and I doubt you'll easily hand over the Life Note (if it exists).

Higuchi was killed, he died of a heart attack at the scene.

I'm going to conduct a further investigation on Misa, but I'm certain that she'll be released from headquarters within a few days.

L

I quickly begin to type a reply.

L

I can confirm that a Life Note does exist. You're assumptions are correct. I would rather not give up my Life Note. I don't want it to fall into the wrong hands. If you want to examine it, I could bring it in. I want it back though, just in case another Kira appears.

C

L doesn't reply again for a few hours, I'm certain he's busy wrapping everything up from today, and he did say he'd send me a report of what happened.

C

How about two weeks from now? I'd rather you bring it in when I'm sure that Light and Misa don't possess a Death Note; and I doubt you'd want to hand it over to people who were suspected of being Kira/Second Kira.

I'll be sending you a report of what happened soon.

L

Two days later, Misa is released. Nothing is mentioned about Light so I presume he's staying behind to help on the case – which isn't a surprise considering he wants to work for the police and his Dad is there as well.

Kira's killings stopped as well, until today. They've resumed. I can only suspect Misa.

Two days after Kira's killings resumed, L sent me another message.

C

Would you like to bring the Life Note in tomorrow? I'd like to see it as soon as possible. How about a café in the centre of Tokyo, it's next to the train station so you won't have far to walk. Don't worry, it'll just be me. No one else.

L

I shiver at the tone of the message. This isn't L at all. L said two weeks, it hasn't been two weeks and L never mentioned meeting up outside of the headquarters, he wouldn't want to risk the Life Note being seen or anyone hearing our conversation. He would definitely not ask to meet me in a public place. Why would he say not to worry too?

I slam the lid of my laptop shut and ball my hands into fists.

What's going on?

A/N: Can I get a vote and comment for writing a long chapter? I had fun writing this :D I realised I was dragging out the whole Yotsuba thing unnecessarily, so I decided to jump to the end. 

Will Benihime meet L? Is it L? 

Comment your thoughts! 

Also, this is getting closer to the end, I'm predicting another six chapters XD  

- Alice