Chapter 41

Victoria's P.O.V.

None of us have seen or even spoke to Michael in the past few days.

It's Monday today, I'm not going to school. This is stressing me out.

He isn't answering any texts or phone calls. He isn't answering anybody. 

I called Ashton and told him to come over, just he doesn't know we're going to go figure out what's happening with Michael.

There's a knock on the door and I go to answer it.

"Hey Ashton." I smile.

"Hey." He smiles. "Now what's so important you're skipping school and need me to come over?''

"We're going to try to talk to Michael today." I tell him

"Vic..." He says.

"Please Ash? I'm worried." I beg.

"Luke will kill me if he finds out." Ashton says.

"Luke won't find out, he's in school. Why would he get mad anyways?" I ask.

"Uh, because I'm with his girlfriend, who's skipping school, while trying to find Michael, the guy who really likes his girlfriend. And I don't know if you noticed but Luke doesn't like you around Michael, or alone with a guy. And where does he think you are today?" He explains.

"If he gets mad he's overreacting. I want to speak to Michael, I know you do too. Luke thinks I'm not feeling well." I reply.

He sighs, "Fine, fine. What do you plan on doing?"

"Well, I was hoping we could drive to Michael's place, and figure it out from there." I say.

He takes a deep breath, "Alright, lets go."

I smile and push him out the door.

We get in his car and drive off.

"Ash, are you actually scared of Luke? Like what would happen if he found out you were with me?" I ask.

"Well yeah kinda... I mean what he did to Tyler and what he's done to Michael, of course I'm going to be kinda nervous about him finding out." He replies.

"Oh."

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Just, you guys are like, afraid of Luke. You guys are all best friends you shouldn't be scared of each other." I explain.

He doesn't reply as we pull up to Michael's house.

We climb out of the car and walk up to the door.

Ashton knocks and Michael's mother answers the door.

"Hey, Ashton, Victoria. What's going on?" She asks.

"Is Michael here?" Ashton asks.

"Um, no. He hasn't been here for the past few days. He just came home one day threw some clothes and money into a bag and left. I don't know where he went." She pauses, "I tried calling him. He didn't want to talk. Something's made him snap. I was hoping one of you guys would know what has been happening."

We can't just tell her what's been going on. I look over to Ashton and he looks at me.

Ashton looks back at her to speak, "Yea, we're not sure what's going on. Do you think maybe you could try calling him to find out where he is? We've all been calling since he took off but he won't answer any of us."

She sighs, "I can try... Here come inside."

We step inside and she goes to find a phone. She comes back over to us with the phone pressed to her ear.