Chapter 2

okay okay here's the second chapter

hope you enjoy! :)

------------------------------

Victoria's P.O.V.

Finally, it's Friday. I woke up and the first thing I did is check my phone. I was expecting a usual text from Tyler but it was just one from Luke this morning that read 'morning Vic :)'. I quickly type a response and got up to shower. Once I finished I quickly got dressed and went downstairs.

"Morning, Victoria." My mother greets me.

"Morning." I yawn.

I grab something quick to eat and wait outside for Luke to show up so we could walk to school. The two of us always walked to school together. It was something we've been doing for years. He walks down the street, meeting me at my place and we head there together. 

He shows up smiling, "Ready to go?"

I nod. "I never understand how you're always so happy and smiley in the morning."

He stayed quiet and we continue to walk to school.

Once we got there we head straight to our lockers which were next to each other. I put my bag in my locker and pull out the books I needed for our first classes. Tyler was at his locker across the hall with a few of his friends so I decide walk over there.

"Hey, babe." He says, slinging his arm around my shoulder. I smile in response.

One of his friends, Jacob dropped his books on the floor. He just stood there and didn't do anything.

"Vic, why don't you pick that up for him?" Tyler asked.

Jacob tries to stifle a laugh. I just look and Tyler and pick up Jacobs books, then hand them to him.

Why start something with Tyler right now in front of everybody? I figured picking them up and discussing this after school would go over better. He's just joking around anyway... I'll just deal with it with him later. 

Tyler has a smirk plastered on his face when I look back up at him.

There was a loud bang and I turned my head and it was Luke slamming his locker door closed and he quickly took off down the hall.

"I- I'm going to go to class." I softly said.

Tyler responds, a small smile on his lips, "Okay, see you later."

I weakly smile and walked to class. I take my seat next to Luke and he doesn't even look over at me.

"Luke?" I call.

"What?" He snaps.

I was a bit taken aback by his reaction, "I just wanted to know if something was bothering you..."

"No, I'm fine." He says in a less harsh tone.

I decide to drop it and wait for class to start.

-

After a painfully long day, where Luke tried to avoid me, I head to my locker. Though I don't know why Luke's been avoiding me at school most days recently, part of me believes it's Tyler. He's never liked him. Even before I dated Tyler, Luke didn't like him. 

I look over at Luke who is trying to shove his books quickly into his bag.

"Luke? Are we still walking home together?" I ask, though I have a feeling I already know the answer.

"Uh, I can't sorry." He said and slammed his locker door.

Flinching at the loud noise, I watch him walk off. Slowly I put my books I need in my bag. Walking through the halls and out the main doors, I begin my walk home. It's very rare I ever have to make these walks alone, it's only when Luke isn't here. Knowing he was here and just decided not to today was weird, and I felt off about it. Only a few moments into my walk, somebody is shouting after me.