Spring Break - Take a Back Road

Start from the beginning

"Here babe. You take the poles." He handed them to me and put a baseball cap on my head smiling. "Why are you so sexy in those waiters?" He smirked and pulled me into him kissing me before grabbing the cooler out of the truck. He had parked right up against the river and we could hear the water running down stream. It was such a beautiful and peaceful sound. 

He set the cooler on the bank of the river and grabbed a root beer and popped the top. He took a quick drink and handed it to me letting me take a swig too. 

He grabbed a baseball cap and put it on backwards on his head. He smiled at me and winked before putting on his aviators. Which, not going to lie... made him look even hotter. He looked like a total country boy. I loved seeing this side of him.

He set the drink back in the cooler and grabbed my hand leading me into the water. He took our poles and tied our flies to the line. 

He showed me how to cast the perfect cast. He was so handsome. I never knew I would love fly fishing so much. But it could just be the guy I was with making it perfect. 

About an hour later he had already caught four fish and released them. I so badly wanted to get one to show him I could. FINALLY I was able to land one and brought it in. Jake pulled his phone out of his pocket and I took a picture with my prized fish. Also, how could I not take the stereotypical picture all girls take of kissing their first fish of the trip?

 Also, how could I not take the stereotypical picture all girls take of kissing their first fish of the trip?

We spent the entire afternoon and evening fishing until the sun started to set. We had caught about ten fish between us (of course he caught 8 and I only had 2) and then we decided to let them all go. Jake made the point that someday he'd take me to Idaho and we'd go on a huge fishing trip and he'd show me how a real fisherman lives. I loved how much he loved fishing. 

The water started getting colder as the sun started setting and he lead me back to the truck. 

He had a change of clothes for me and everything. "How were you prepared for all of this?" I asked him.

"This is one of my favorite things to do babe. I wanted tonight to be perfect for you so you'd come with me again." He smiled hopping into the bed of the truck. He had back up against the river and we were able to watch the sun set while looking right on the river. 

We both hopped into the truck and laid down in all the pillows and put a blanket over us. I snuggled into him and cuddled with my arms around him. He laid with his arms around me as well. "So Jay, how was that? Would you come again?"

"I'd love to! But you know I'd do anything with you." I snuggled into him tighter and he pulled me into him wrapping his arm around me. 

We laid there for hours talking and laughing with each other

We laid there for hours talking and laughing with each other. The stars were now lighting up the sky and the full moon made everything around us almost glow. It was so amazing to only be able to hear the water rushing, the crickets chirping, and Jake's voice. 

We didn't run out of things to say, but eventually we just laid together looking at the stars and taking in all of the beauty surrounding us. 

He turned and kissed the top of my head. "I love you." he almost whispered. "So much."

"I love you too. I missed you." I was now laying on his chest and could hear his heartbeat.

"I missed you too." 

I couldn't think of anywhere else I'd rather be than with him, out on the river, where no one is around to bother us and we can just enjoy being with one another. I couldn't put it into words how much I loved being with him, and how much this night meant to me. I missed him like crazy and was so happy to be back in his arms. 

We both slowly started to dose off until we were both asleep and cuddling together under the starry night sky.