chapter 11

What if he asks me out? What if I say yes? Do I like him? I think so? Yes? No? Yes? These questions were thundering through my brain and Hazel must've noticed because she looked at me in a concerned face.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah but I'm nervous!!" I said panicking. This is the first time I ever felt the way I did for a boy. I can't even explain how I feel about him.

"He's just a boy, that likes you. What's the big deal?"

"It's just that-" I was interrupted by my phone.

Jake: 'Will you go out with me?'

I thought about this and I kept looking at the text and Hazel saw it too.

"Say yes!!!" Hazel said very loudly.

"Shhh.. I don't want the whole to know in 5 seconds!!"

"Sorry! But seriously, I know you like him I can see it in your face!!"

"That's what I was going to do!" I said as I was typing 'yes' into my phone.

Jake: 'okay :)'

Me: 'so what's up?'

Jake: 'outside the middle school with Dean'

Me: 'cool, do u want me to go back there?'

Jake: 'sure'

"Hazel, I'm going outside to hang out with Jake if you wanna come"

" I don't want tooo"

"Okay then don't"

"Are you going to ditch me?"

"If your not coming then.. yes"

"Okay fine, I'll talk to you later"

"See ya, tomorrow?"

"Yeah, no go see your new little boyfriend!"

I rolled my eyes at her and walked out to the back and hung out the Jake and Dean for an hour, I felt good. I had that extra joy in me. Yeah I know I'm a 5th grader but I still think I really like him...