Yelling fills the room, some apart of Hunter and Nixon's fight and others from the guys trying to get them away from each other.

"Stop!" I yell, causing Hunter to freeze, his fist still in the air.

I didn't think he'd hear me.

Hunter's back tenses and he gets off of Nixon, turning to me with eyes in flames.

"Room. Now." I don't think twice before scurrying out of the dining area and up the stairs. Hunter's voice is echoing through the house as he speaks to his men in fluent Italian.

I push open the door to the room and close it behind me, slowly making my way to his bed and sitting on the edge.

Will he punish me again? Am I even in trouble? Does he know why I was ignoring him?

The question I have, though is what is the truth?

"Jacey," Hunter growls right as he bursts through the door, slamming it behind him. I jump up from the bed, and stand near it instead.

"I can explain," I blurt out.

"You better," he laughs dryly. "Because I'm about to go back down there and break his fucking neck."

I swallow. "He came to your room before dinner-"

"He came to the room? When you were alone in it?" He growls, the pit of flames in his eyes growing larger.

Bad wording.

"Well, yes," I stumble. "But it's not like that! He was going to knock on the door when I opened it."

His eye twitches.

"I was just talking to him and then he started going on about how I'm only a game to you-"

"And you believed him." It's not a question, it's a fact. He takes one step closer to me. "I don't know how you can't notice, but Nixon is fucking obsessed with you."

The way he says it makes a shiver run down my spine, and not the good kind.

Another step.

"He wants you," Another step. "So bad he's willing to ruin what we have." Another step, this time, he's right in front of me, pinning be against one of the wooden posts. "He wants to fuck you."  I cringe. "He was just explaining it earlier today, that's why I was so mad, I took away his obstacle."

I swallow, wanting to ask the question that's on the tip of my tongue. And when Hunter brings his face closer to mine so that I can feel his breaths on my face, I decide what I'm going to do.

"What obstacle?" I blurt out, ignoring Hunter's body pressed to mine.

"The virginity obstacle."

Oh. My. God. That's why Hunter gave me a hickey, and why he was so mad. That's why he asked if I had any feelings for Nixon. Because of what happened earlier.

I nearly choke on my own spit. Nixon said that?

"I wanted to tell you earlier," Hunter whispers, cupping my face with one hand. "But I couldn't. I know I'm a ruthless bastard, but I couldn't taint your view on him."

I look into his eyes, noticing that the rage is gone and now sincerity swirls around his iris's.

"Now you know, though, who he really is," Hunter sighs, almost disappointed in himself.