Chapter 36

Never in my life have I seen Hunter so vulnerable, I can say now I have

seen Hunter so vulnerable, I can say now I have. He looks into my eyes after his climax and pecks my lips.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you," he rasps.

I shake my head. "You didn't."

He nods and slowly slides out of my making a wince leave my lips.

I try to not think about the blood on the sheets and keep my eyes on Hunter as he removes the condom and places it back into the foil wrapping.

"I'll go run you a bath," he pecks my forehead and climbs off of me, my legs instantly clenching together to relieve the tenderness.

Even though the experience overall was quite painful, it was also the most loving and passionate. He tried to be careful, he sacrificed the torture of going agonizingly slow for me. That's all I could ask for.

I hear the bath water running and will myself to sit up, whimpering when the soreness is too much.

Maybe if Hunter wasn't so frickin' big, this wouldn't hurt so bad.

"Need help?" He asks, a slight smile taking form on his face.

"Nah," I smile back and try again only to be picked up bridal style by a naked Hunter. Damn. "Thanks for listening."

He chuckles. "I'm the boss, I don't have to listen to anyone. I'll make an exception next time, though."

This time I laugh. "Thanks."

When we make it into the ensuite, I gasp in awe at how big it is. The same marble floors throughout the house flow into it, and a jacuzzi bathtub sits by the window. There's a waterfall shower in the corner and his and her sinks.

"Nice," I mumble and am placed into the hot water, which immediately soothes my lower region releasing a moan from me.

"I'll go take care of the sheets," Hunter mutters but I grab his wrist, blushing at what I'm about to say.

"Can you stay?" I ask. "Like, come in the-"

"Yeah," he cuts me off with a smirk at my beat red face. I watch as he gets into the tub, trying not to pay to much attention to his naked body. When he sits down, he pulls me towards him so my back is against his chest and my body is between his legs. "Sore?"

"Mhm..." I close my eyes when he begins to run his fingers up and down my arms, massaging my shoulders.

"You don't regret it do you?" He asks all of a sudden making me snap my eyes open.

"Of course not," I sigh. "I don't think it would be the same if it was with someone else."

"Good," he pours water on my head, wetting my hair. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," I nod.

"What was Nixon doing in your room earlier?"

Why does he have to bring this up?