Chapter Nine

Hazel

I had to stay in bed for the entire day neither Alpha Angus, Cole nor Sage would let me get out. I was frustrated and I wanted to move around. I finally had enough of it and slipped out of bed, dressing in a comfortable pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Once I was dressed, I walked out of the room where Sage and Cole were standing, they instantly looked towards me and opened their mouth to say something but I growled and they quickly shut their mouths. "I'm getting out of bed, and that's that." I muttered as I walked past them.

I didn't bother to worry about anyone staring at me as I walked to the Alpha's office. I knocked and opened the door when I received permission to enter. "Hazel!" Angus said while standing and coming closer. "How do you feel?"

I shrugged, "I'm fine. I came in to hopefully call my father. I was hoping to convince him to let me come home sooner."

Angus's eyes softened. "I heard from Sage, and Cole what happened. I- I can't tell you how sorry I am for Malachy. I blame his mother."

I raised a brow, I had assumed Claire was his mother but now that I think about it they didn't share anything in common. "His biological mother had cheated on me. Malachy had unfortunately been subjected to seeing too much, with little understanding of what was happening. I'm partially to blame. I should have exiled her the moment it happened, but she- she was my mate."

I bit my lip, feeling horrible for both Angus and Malachy. "I'm sorry Angus." I muttered softly. "But, Malachy is old enough to know what hes doing. Even if it is wrong, he has made his choice."

I want mate.. Lexi whimpered.

I know Lex. I do too. I admitted. And it was ft he truth, I knew that something or well now someone had broken Malachys trust in mates. I just didn't know it was his own mother. I felt for him, and even though I knew most would call me stupid. Ill always wait for him to realize I'm not like her no matter how much it kills me inside.

Angus suddenly hugged me, and I gasped in surprise. He reminded me much of my father and I really wanted my father here. I buried my face in Angus's chest and tried to fight off the tears, but the moment Angus began to rub my back it was like the wall broke.

"Shhh." Angus cooed. "I know it hurts, your very brave. I know my son is being an idiot, I know he's probably said hurtful things. But- don't give up on him. He will come around." Angus said quietly, and I knew he was not only trying to convince me but also himself. And even if he wasn't one-hundred precent I felt a big better.

"Thank you Angus." I pulled away slowly, and whipped my tears away.

"Anytime dear." He smiled and walked to his desk. "I know you wished to speak to Henry but he isn't going to be available for a few days." Angus admitted and my eyes widened.

"But-" I sighed, it wasn't new. And I knew that my father was probably mourning my mothers death. I missed her terribly. "I guess I'll be sticking around till then." I excused myself and left his office, closing the door behind me. Then turned and instantly bumped into someone, when I looked up, my eyes widened. "S-sorry." I managed before moving past Malachy and back up to my room.

When I was safe, I sat on my bed and just thought. How could I prove I wasn't like his mother? How could a mate cheat? I'd never heard of mates cheating. I laid back in bed Lexi and I speaking over and thinking of what we could do to win our mate. I didn't realize I was as tired as I was until my eyes slowly began to droop closed.

I was in a room alone, no- I wasn't alone. I seen my mother and I began to run to her. I missed her so much! I thought she was dead. I was almost in her embrace when a rouge jumped out of no where and began to rip her apart in front of me. I screamed, and screamed eatching the blood splatter and ooze out of her shreded body.

I was shaking so badly. I suddenly began hearing a voice shouting my nameover snd over but i couldnt process anything other than seeing my mother.

"Hazel! Hazel wake up!"

I jolted aeake, my body covered in sweat, and shaking. I blinked away the water and realized that not only had it all been a nightmare but that i was crying. I looked over at whoever was holding me, expecting to see Sage or even Cole but jerked away as i seen Malachy sitting there.

"I-I'm okay... I'm okay.." I repeated. Swallowing the scream that had tried to free itself. I looked back at Malachy who honestly looked worried, but then turned away. "Thank you for waking me up. I'm fine now." I hoped he would just leave but he didn't move.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly.

Tears instantly fell at the thought of bringing my mother up and the horrible dream. I frantically shook my head. I heard Malachy sigh before I felt hands on my face, he turned me toward him so that I was now looking at him wide eyed.

"I know I was a dick, but-" He paused, seeming to have trouble saying whatever it was. "But if you need me, I'm here. If you need to talk, I'm here."

I wanted nothing more than to have him hold me, but I couldn't. I want him, but he didn't want me. He was just being nice because- because I really don't know. "T-thank you."

His eyes scanned my face, almost looking like he was searching for something but then he suddenly nodded, let my face go and stood. "Get some rest." He said before turning and leaving the room.

I stared at the door for a long time before laying back down.