Chapter Three

Hazel

Almost an hour had past while Miranda and my mother fussed over my hair. To me it was ridiculous, I know my mother wanted me to look perfect but to me no one could be. After they both moved away I sighed in relief. "Can I look now?" I asked to be sure and smiled when my mother nodded. I went to the mirror and grinned, they'd put my hair up in a neat curled bun but strands of my hair fell. It seemed to fit perfectly with the dress and I couldn't have been happier.

"You look beautiful Hazel!" My mother and Miranda gushed causing me to blush slightly.

Murmering a small thank you, I turned. "Lets get this party going!!" I clapped by hands and wasted no time leaving the room. My mother beside me as we both stopped at the double doors leading into the room that I'd been forbidden to go in. My mother smiled and we walked in. To say I was surprised was an understatement.  My father had gone all out, everything was beautiful. The lighting, color's everything had matched my dress perfectly. I was in the process of taking everything in when my father's booming voice caught my attention along with everyone else in the room.

"Tonight, we're celebrating my only child and your future queen, Hazel's eighteenth birthday." My father paused and my mother took hold of my arm and led me to his side. I was slightly nervous having to face so many people but I was also excited at the possibility of finding my mate. "Treat my daughter with respect, as you have done to me over these past years. I've raised my daughter well, and I have no doubt that she will lead you all into a better place. Those of you who know her know that she's sweet, caring, generous, and strong willed. All of these combined make's you a perfect queen. I can't say how proud I am of the woman she has become today, and can't wait to see how much more she grows." My father turns to me, his arms open wide and smiles, "happy birthday baby girl."

I blinked back the tears that formed over my father's speech and quickly stepped into his embrace and sighed, "thank you daddy." When my father released me he turned back to the crowed and wished everyone to enjoy there time. I quickly descended the stage and walked around to interact with the guest. As future queen it was a responsibility of mine, that even though it was my birthday that I make sure my guest were happy and for them to know that I acknowledge them.

Everything was running so smoothly and I was just about to see my cake when everything seemed to happen in slow motion. Rouge's had gotten into the castle, and everyone was running in panic screaming. I could hear my father as he tried to help control the situation. Guards had appeared and shifted, attacking the rouge's while I stood frozen, memories of the past came crashing down on me like a twenty ton weight. I watched as a dirty brown wolf who smelt like he hadn't bathed in months crouched low in front of me, I backed away slowly watching as the rouge advanced on me. I looked around for anything that I could use for a weapon but found nothing. I heard a sharp bark and my attention snapped to the side of me, my heart beating faster as I seen my mother in wolf form moving in front of me.

"Mother please don't!" I began as she crouched and snarled in warning to the rouge. I grabbed hold of the scruff of her neck, trying to keep her with me so that she wouldn't get herself hurt but when the rouge lunged forward my mother's strength proved to be more than I thought. When she lunged, I was only able to hold on for a second before I hit the floor side ways. I quickly looked up and watched as my mother fought the rouge, I was amazed and knew that my eyes probably looked like saucers. I'd never seen my mother fight, and frankly until now I didn't know that she had a mean bone in her body. I stood up and tried to figure out a way to help when Sage suddenly appeared at my side. "Oh! Sage! Thank goddess! You have to help my mother!!" I screamed so that he could hear me over all the growling, snarling and screaming in the room.

Sage took a quick glance towards my mother, then turned his eyes to me. I noticed the sadness and regret in his eyes as he suddenly grabbed hold of me and hoisted me over his shoulder. I gasped in surprise and when he began to walk away from my mother I began to kick and punch his back as I screamed. "NO! SAGE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I looked back up when I heard a whimper and seen my mother laying on the ground, looking at me.

I love you Hazel. Stay safe. I heard my mothers weak goodbye in my head an I screamed and struggled more, "MOM! MOM! SAGE, SAVE HER!! WE CAN'T LEAVE HER!! PLEASE!!!" I cried but he began to run. I watched as the rouge stood over my mother and then watched as he ripped her throat out. It was the last thing I'd seen before darkness had taken over.