Chapter Five

Hazel

After my shower, I dried and dressed in clean cloths that thankfully Sage had brought. I walked out of the room and instantly gasped as I seen Cole leaning against the wall. "You startled me." I said, sighing.

Cole smiled softly, "sorry pri- Hazel." He quickly corrected giving me and 'oops' look. I shook my head amused. "Come, I've already sent Sage down to the kitchen so I'll escort you." I was thankful that the walls seemed thick since Cole hadn't asked me about why I was crying, so I put on a brave face.

I nodded and followed as Cole lead the way. I kept getting looks from everyone as I walked into the kitchen but I held my head high and refused to feel intimidated. I was thankful that the Luna came to my side and helped me get my plate. "After breakfast Angus is going to introduce you and Sage to the pack as new members." Luna Claire explained quietly.

I nodded and smiled, feeling better when Sage came to sit beside me. He leaned over and whispered, "how are you?"

I turned and looked at him, seeing his face full of concern and a bit of guilt. I shook my head, "I'm as good as I can be. Sage please- don't beat yourself up. I understand."

He continued to look at me for a moment then turned back to his food as I did the same. Once we were done with breakfast everyone left the room and the Luna led Sage and I outside where I immediately noticed Angus standing on a stage. I watched as pack member, after pack member formed a large crowd around it. I was used to crowds but for some reason I felt nervous.

I'm nervous for some reason too. Lexi my wolf admitted.

I looked around, but seen nothing unusual. The Alpha suddenly demanded attention and everyone including myself and Sage turned out attention to him. "I called this meeting to introduce you to two new members into our pack. Hazel and Sage." Angus gestured to us, and Sage took my arm gently, leading me to the stage. We both walked up the stairs and looked out at the crowd. Everyone looked at us with either interest, or suspicion. Some of the females I noticed eyed Sage like he was new candy which had mr some ehat comfused and some of the males around my age looked at me in a way that I didn't understand. "I expect you to make them feel welcomed." The Alpha finished in warning.

When the Alpha was complete finished the pack went back to whatever they were supposed to. Angus stopped to speak to us. "I'd like to introduce my son, he has just recently came back from the neighboring pack." Angus moved slightly, revealing a male almost as tall as Angus, muscular and tanned.

I couldn't help but stare as Angus son got closer. He was indeed tall, his arms were big, and when he moved just right I could see the lines of his abs and how his stomach muscles clenched as he moved. I looked further up, and took in his dark hair, and his grey, stormy eyes. He looked so intense and I don't know why but I suddenly became tense.

And oh so yummy. Lexi shot in, purring.

My eyes widened, and I was thankful no one else could hear her. Sage must have seen how tense I was because he grabbed my hand and squeezed gently. "This is my son, Malachy. Malachy meet Hazel and Sage." Angus said.

Malachy stood there silent. I watched as his eyes raked over me slowly and could feel my body heating as if he was touching me. The moment his eyes met mine, I was lost and everything clicked. My eyed widened in shock, but my heart fluttered in joy. Malachy turned his attention to Sage sizing him up but when Malachy took in our intertwine hands his lip peeled back only slightly in a silent snarl.