▪️TWENTY▪️

I woke up to the sound of my usual alarm

I woke up to the sound of my usual alarm. I groaned but stood up from the bed, slapping the clock three times before it shut up comepletly. I groaned and clasped my hands around my head as the entire room started spinning. Great, I forgot I'd be hungover. Great. Why am I doing this anyways? Oh yeah. Nat. I can't keep acting like this. For her I forced myself to walk towards the bathroom and locked the door. The remaining contenents of the beer came flodding out of my stomach. Great. Just great.

I fished swallowing two anti migrane pills, advil or something Nat had left out for me on the sink. I took a shower and got ready, I put on a lame suit and tie which was given to me when I was given my job in the city's comity, I guess you could say.

I fastened my tie in the mirror, while washing my teeth. I looked down at my watch, five minutes. Shoot. I spit out the paste, finished my tie and jumping on one foot I managed to put on the shoe and accidentally hit my head with the door knob. My shoe slipped in as my hands fled towards the bump, which was now the cause of an intensified head ake.

I flew the door open of my room, scaring Nat, who was sitting in the couch, still in her pj's, watching some random disney movie on the television. Her eyes went wide and she sprang from her seat. I shoot her a smile, which probably ended up as grimace. I walked fast to the kitchen, Nat standing frozen, with a frown on her face, behind me. I grabbed my cup of coffee and drank it down, this thing's a life saviour, if it weren't for coffee I'd have fallen asleep on soo many meetings, I'd loose count. 

I walked towards the door, checking my watch, three minutes.  Nat snapped out of her shocked daze as I wrapped my hand around the knob and swung the door open.
"Whe- where are you going?" She stuttered out, obviously confused. "What are you doing?"

"Why," I glaced backwards at her, and smiled. "I'm going back to work."

She stared at me, her mouth dropping open, with her eyes wider than saucers.

"Try not to burn the house while I'm gone!" I shouted to her, a determined grin stuck on my face as I slammed the door shut, probably a little too hard. I glanced quickly at my wrist watch. Oh shoot! One minute! That's when I started running towards the meeting.

The door of the elevator opened, with a satisfying ding ding. Everyone in the room's eyes turned to me, as soon as their brains registered who they were looking at, mouths dropped open, eyes sprang wide, gasps were released and my personal favourite, "Four," the person who was giving the meeting of today announced everyone who hadn't already noticed I was here, if there were any. "Tobias... You- You're here. Um... Please take a seat."

Perhaps I should spare the poor guy, he looks like he's seen a ghost. Boy, don't I know all about that. I walked over to the chair and dropped myself into it. I leaned forward, the seat making it's own personal creek! Probably from not being used. I planted my elbows on the table and knotted my hands together, forming a bridge for my chin. Everybody looked frozen, nonmoving except for the occasional blinking. I stayed that way for about two seconds. Then I spread my arms wide, a bored expression on my face. "I thought this was a meeting."

"Uh," the man at the front slammed his mouth shot. "A meeting. Yes. Yes"

This was getting annoying, Everyone except the man who was now desperately going  through some papers on his desk, were just staring at me as if I'd just told them I killed Mufasa.

"I'm sorry," I said to the lady across the table, while I leaned back on the comfy chair and crossed my arms across my chest. "But do I have something on my face?"

The woman in front of me gasped as soon as she heard my voice. She then composed herself by coughing, not that it helped. "Um... No-No sir."

"Last time I checked,"I
Said turning towards the entire table, wanting to smirk at their reaction to my appearance, but instead I put on a peacefully angry emotion on my face, "It's rude to stare."

"So," Everyone's eyes widened at my statement and franticly they turned to the man giving this meeting who'd just made his presence re-known, by clearing his throat. "As I was saying, this facility is highly classified, with substancial..."