✖️FIVE✖️

I spent the entire afternoon talking with my mom

I spent the entire afternoon talking with my mom. When I finally hit the target right through its center, we went walking around the city and ate some chocolate cake. She said she was happy that I found him, but I could sense the sadness in her eyes. I knew she would give anything just so that he'd see her or so that she could have this secret connection we have with him as well. Four was the same, Amar had told me of his daily trips to the computer room, going over the footage of their lives. I knew he was scared to forget her even more than he was scared of accepting her fate, even if he didn't know it himself. He's changed since she died, its as if a light went off and everything became dull, he lived on what he could, and gritted his teeth or fists together to hide his rage, each day. Since the day I met him, I knew I had to help him and try to fill that blank she'd left behind.

So now I sit on the floor, infront of Tobias's white door. I trace the cracks on the surface as I wait for his return. I let my eyes roam the blinding walls, on which's snowy paint ricochets the lights that hang from the ceiling. I hear the pitter patter of his footsteps and turn my eyes towards the hall. He's lost in thought, with his head bowed down and his hands shoved into his front pockets. I jump up, startling him.

"Hey," I say, smiling up at him. I wait for him as he walks down the corridor to meet me, leaning onto his door.

"Hey Nat," A smile tugged at his lips, "How come you're up so late?"

I cross my arms across my chest and snort out, "I could ask you the same thing."

He smiles recalling his similar reaction to some of her questions in the past.

"I was waiting for you."

"Really," He's expression morphs into one of confusion. "How so?"

I stare at him, raising an eyebrow at his question. Only upon obtaining no response do I sigh, rubbing the back of my neck to shake off my nerves, "Would you like to come with me to train?"

Of course I knew he'd be eager to come, unfortunately I'd have to ask him to wait a few days. I'd never really asked why but she never showed up on Fridays. I gathered it was a day she took for herself.

After a while of talking at the door, we decided to sneak in to grab some food from the main kitchen. I tiptoed in, spotting the piece of velvet cake on the table and I don't hesitate on grasping it. I walked over to the utensil drawer and pulled out two forks. I looked over my shoulder upon the sound of chatter and decide yo run out the door. Accidentally waking an old lady on the way, causing my cake to splatter her white apron. I could almost feel the vapour steaming out her ears. She started yelling in spanish. "¡Como se te ocurre, mona revoltosa! ¡Que es esa desgracia de robar de mis repisas!"

I duck the pan in her grasp as she swung it my way, causing it to hit Tobias square in the face. He staggers backwards falling onto an uneven table whose legs give out, spilling its continents everywhere. Everything stops in the kitchen and my laugh gets the better of me. The old woman slowly turns towards me and I am forced to gulp. I can see Tobias struggling to his feet again and muttering "run."

I do as he says, and scatter away as fast as my legs can take me, until I reach the point where I can lo longer hear the cook yelling, "¡Ven acá! ¡Que desgracia! ¡No te saldrás con la tuya!" I heard a squeal and more pots clattering against the floor and another string of yells, "¡Cipote desmoronado! ¡Este relajo no se arreglará solo!"

I can't help but stop and burst out laughing as Tobias finally catches up to me with his broad smile even after he is struggling yo catch his breath. He extends out a small plate with a pretty big piece of cake, which looks much more delicious than the one that is now adorning that woman's clothes.

He laughes and I smilling say, "Well that way a mess."

I wipe the sweat off my face and wipe with my hand and I smile greatly. I cannot remember the last day I was genuinely happy without feeling alone.

He walks me to my room, I say goodbye as we get close, I walk to the door and open it. "Nat." He says, I turn smiling. He's arms wrap around me, squeezing me. I stiffen, I'm not used to hugs. He pulls away and laughs. "Goodnight. Stiff" he says winking at me and walks away laughing.

I like him a lot. He's cool and we have a lot in common. He is my father, but he feels like my best friend. I change clothes, while I sing a song that my mom liked from the radio. I looked at myself in the mirror a huge smile crosses my face and my eyes sparkle with happiness. This days have been the best of my entire life.

I sit on the sofa and pull on the white and blue blanket. I turn on the tv and flip over the channels, not planning to go to sleep yet. Then I pass a channel with a dreamy guy, he's about my age, he's eyes are blue-grey just like my mom, but the recemblance ends there and He has short dark brown hair. In the video he is sitting in a chair playing a guitar and siging. He's amazing at it, he smiles and stares at the camera and then looks down at his guitar shaking his head up and down as he sings.

 He's amazing at it, he smiles and stares at the camera and then looks down at his guitar shaking his head up and down as he sings