✖️FOURTEEN✖️

I wake up and groan

I wake up and groan. I'm soo tired. I just want to sleep forever. "Nat. You awake?" Someone asks I just nod. "Yeah whatever." I groan and turn around falling back to sleep. "Nat." Someone shakes me. "Ugh! What?!? It's early! Goodnight." I roll over again, only this time the bed dosen't seem comfortable at all. Ugh. I wanted 5 more hours of sleep. I open my eyes. As they adjust, I notice a boy with a big smile looking at me. "What?" I groan. He laughs and my vision clears. Oh it's Dan. Why did he wake me up? He shrugs. Wait why? "I just wanted to talk to you." He says laughing. Ugh I thought that out loud. It always happens to me when I'm tired. He burst out laughing. Ugh I must have said that out Loud to. I try to find my pillow but it isn't there. Ugh. "And my pillow?" I ask groaning again. "Uh... What pillow? You're at the hospital and you kinda threw it at me five hours ago." He said blankly. Ughhhhhh. I sit up and rub my eyes to glare at him. "Happy birthday sleepy head." He says kissing my forehead. I scrunch my eyebrows together. Wait whaaaat? "It's your birthday." He says in his 'Duh' tone. I roll my eyes. "No it's not." I say jumping off the bed heding towards the bathroom. "Uh... Where are you going?" He asks not even bothering to follow me. I just keep on moving and answer, "getting out of here as soon as possible." I slam the door and take a bath. I let the warm water relax me even more.

"So what do you want to do?" I look at him and raise an eyebrow. We are leaving the hospital and just walking around it talking. He laughs, "it's your birthday so you get to choose." I snort and say "yeah whatever. It's not." I keep walking while holding his hand. "Yes it is. It's October 22." He says a proud tone in his voice. I stop dead in my tracks, my eyes go wide. "Nat? Nat you okay?" He says somewhere next to me but it sounds like miles away. October 22. The day it all went wrong. The day my mom got shot, the day my dad lost his reason to live, the day christina lost one of her only remaining best friends, the day the world lost my mom... The day I was born. I feel tears sleep down my cheeks and I feel a huge headache, I fall to my knees and cry. Arms wrap around me and shake me back to reality. I shake my head and let out a ragged breath, I didn't know I was holding. I stayed there shocked and sad. Dan sat Infront of my grabbing my face in his hands. He looked very worried. His eyebrows scrunched together making him look real cute. I sighed and wiped my tears off as I looked down. Then it poped in my head. Four. This is he's least favourite day of the year. I push myself upwards all of a sudden. Scaring Dan. "I have to find four. Come on hurry." I say rushing through the streets pulling my very confused boyfriend along with me. "Nat what is it? What's wrong?" He asks and I erupt into tears, falling once again into the ground. He picks my up and carries me bridal style. I cry into his shirt. He dosen't seem to mind though. I finally stop crying as we reach the door. He puts me down and I smile at him weakly, "thanks..." He smiles, strokes my hair and kisses my head. "What's wrong?" He ask, knowing it's safe to ask me, now that I've calmed down. I look at my feet. "Dan... Today is the 22. Yes I know I was technically born today, well I wasn't... Technically born today but still... I Don't accually celebrate it. It's not a happy day for anyone accually. I've never been able to celebrate it because I was kinda in a prison. " I look up to him. I can her the gears clicking in his brain with the new information. I sigh. "Now that I'm here it won't be any different. It might accually be even worse." I say and a tear escapes my eye. I'll never get a real birthday. He looks confused. I sigh and say "They lost her... Today." He gasps and Huggs me. Um... Okay I wasn't expecting that... "I'm sorry. I never really thought about it like that. Still I should... You know take you out." He says pulling back and smilling at me. I nod, "As in on a date?" I say getting kinda bubbly inside at his statement. "What ever you want it to be." Dan answered and smiled at me. Eeeeeek! Why is he so handsomeeee. Ugh. I smiled back at him."That'd be fun. Well I have to go... Uh...Tobias isn't really okay with the whole thing sooo..." I say rolling my eyes and frowning. "Oh. Yeah I understand. Text me if you need anything." He said and I lift my head up and kiss his cheek. I smile, He grins like a mad man and pecs my lips. Leaving me completely stunned, He walked through the corridor, farther and farther away from me. I snapped out of it, not wanting to squeal like a fan girl right now and there, I Sighed and opened the door.