9. Kiss to win

Marlon Teixeira as Arnold McKellen :D

____________________________________

I was so shocked at the result that I couldn't even refuse. I looked up hopefully at my partner, expecting some air of resistance but she appeared to be depressed under a similar pool of isolation.

"Then let's get started!", said Ryan. He was quite happy to get his brother as his partner.

"I don't think that's a good idea. We need to choose the chits again!", complained Debby, utterly disappointed.

"Yes! ", Toby, Bianca and I said in unison.

"No guys, that won't be fair. What's wrong with you Toby? I thought you loved adventure", joked Ryan, punching him in the shoulder.

Toby rolled his eyes in ridicule.

"Why don't we exchange partners bro? You take your girlfriend and give me Cal", offered Toby, raising his eyebrows.

Ryan shook his head and laughed."Nope. That won't be fun then, would it?", he said.

" Forget it. Let's just finish this. We are wasting time", said Debby, checking her wrist watch.

"How are we going there? ", asked Bianca.

"That's for you to decide. I'm taking my car", replied Debby, taking her bag from Bianca's back. Almost snatching.

"And I'm taking my Jupiter", said Calum, putting on his Ray-ban.

Huh! Mercedes!

"No bro! Don't take Jupiter with you!", cried Toby. He had named Calum's Mercedes 'Jupiter' and was quite fond of it.

"Sorry bro. But Jupiter will help us win", replied Calum, who seemed not at all sorry.

Toby puckered his lips and gis gaze settled reluctantly on Debby.
"I hope you got a decent car", said Toby, eyeing her with doubt.

"Yeah. If Audi's decent to you", she replied, pressing her key to which the black shiny car parked across the street beeped.

Toby's eyes widened in excitement as he ran off to it, like a little kid when he spots the ice cream van. Debby shook her head in mockery and followed him, her heels ticking in the process.

Calum and Ryan left for their car too. And Bianca and I were standing like poor idiots on the middle of the deserted road. They rode past us, and we still were standing like clueless potheads.

After a few seconds of silence, Bianca finally said, "You know what? I hate loosing! So even if we are not the best people to be paired up together, let's just get over with it. We need to win this."

Now that's something I was eagerly waiting for. A nudge!

"Yeah, we definitely do!", I said.

"Then what's the plan?", she asked, sitting herself on the bus stop bench.

"The plan is to not waste any single moment when they are on the other hand speeding up in their cars", I replied, checking my phone's clock.

"Yeah, but is there any way to reach the place before them? We don't have cars!", she exclaimed, jumping on her seat.

I thought about it for a moment and something crossed my mind.

"Their cars are quite big. So, if you see it like this, they won't be able to take the short cuts! But we can!", I said, my eyes widening in excitement.

"And how do you plan to do that? By walking? ", she said, rolling her eyes.

"No, I have a better idea", I smiled cunningly.