I grabbed my keys, unlocking the car and getting in as quick as I can.

'What happened to my baby?'

Gilbert's POV:
Matthew hasn't shown any signs of waking up yet, and I'm starting to grow even more scared for him.

"What caused this birdie? What made you want to do this?"

I knew he wouldn't answer, but I still asked the unconscious boy in hopes he would. I heard fast running down the hallway.

'What the-?'

The door slammed open and a man I recognized as Matthews papa ran in, his father and Alfred right behind him. I glared at them.

"What are you doing here?"

I asked coldly. Alfred and Matthews dad, Arthur I reminded myself, glared at me.

"I'm here to see my son."

"I need to be the hero for Mattie."

The answers didn't change my mood, instead it just made me more pissed.

"If that's true where were you the rest of the day? Last night?"

Francis looked at me, sadness in his eyes.

"He's been here since last night?"

His voice was shaking, and I nod.

"I brought him here after I found him."

There faces changed.

"You found hi-?"

Francis paused, noticing the bandages wrapped around his entire left arm.

"He didn't."

I nod.

"He did, he attempted suicide."

He broke down in tears when I said that, and both Alfred and Arthur had shocked faces. I just stared at them with an emotion I couldn't place.

"I believe Matthew would want you to leave."

They all turned to me in disbelief, Alfred glared daggers at me.

"No he wouldn't, we're his family."

I glared back at him.

"Family doesn't forget family, and I saw Alfred forget, and not see, Matthew first hand."

Arthur was now glaring.

"No matter what we are his family."

He hissed, but my angered expression didn't change.

"Leave."

Matthews POV:
'Is that Alfred?'

'Yes, your family is here.'

'...do they count as family?'