10: EXit That Way

Start from the beginning

I grabbed my tablet and the file I needed off the desk before making my way to the meeting room I had reserved for my appointments today. Before I could open the door to the meeting room the door opened and Harmony came walking out. She looked annoyed and wished me luck as we passed each other. I sighed thinking that it was another one of 'those' clients. By 'those' I mean the clients that come in her with a superiority complex or act like the world evolves around them. I hate those clients, but I very much so love to set them straight.

So with a deep breath I opened the door and entered the room shuttle door behind me. I had not acknowledge my client's presence yet but from the strong smell of Cologne in the room my client was a male. I started to introduce myself when I froze at the sight of Toni sitting in my seat at the head of the table where I usually sit during meetings with clients.

He was staring at me the exact same way that he used to

He was staring at me the exact same way that he used to. It was the same way that he would look at art or a picture he had mentally seen while looking at something while we were out and about. I hate that look now. I used to love it. I used to love him. I sighed but kept myself professional for the time being.

"What are you doing here, Mr. Mahfud? I made it very clear that I will not work with you or your wife. So what is the meaning of this?", I demanded breaking the tense silence of the room. He just stared at me for a few more seconds making my skin crawl as he looked me from my head to toes before looking me straight in the eyes. "I wanted to talk to you without any distractions or other people", he said nonchalantly. "In case you have not noticed Mr. Mahfud, I am very busy woman. So I will have to decline us speaking and ask you to please leave", I responded politely. He tsked, "In case you have not noticed Ms. Williams, I am scheduled for this meeting and I have already paid for your services so I would advise you to have a seat so that we can discuss a few things", he said, an edge to his voice.

I sat the folder and my tablet down on the table. I pulled my phone from out of my pocket and called one of my bosses, Roman Denisov. The phone rang twice before he answered, business voice already in place. "Denisov", he answered making me roll my eyes. "Hello, sir. This is Ana. I hope that I did not interrupt anything, but I am calling you concerning Toni Mahfud. I clearly stated that that I would not do business with him or his spouse, yet he is sitting in my meeting room in my chair as we speak. Why is that?", I responded getting straight to the point. He sighed, "I apologize for that Anastasia, but my husband thought that it would be fine if you worked for him. I know that you have history with him, but sweetheart for the company's sake, put that aside. However, if he gets out of line call me and I will personally beat his ass and make sure that he does not have a penny to his name afterwards", he said, business voice now gone.

"Fine. For you and the company, but Branson will be hearing from me", I agreed. "I would not expect it to be any other kind of way. I have to go, sweetheart, but I will be stopping by later to check on you. I love you and call me if you need me", Mr. Denisov said making me smile despite the situation they had put me in. "I love you too and I will. Bye", I responded. "Bye", then he hung up and I was forced to deal with my ex. I took a deep breath before addressing him. "It seems that you were telling the truth, Mr. Mahfud. I am Anastasia Williams and I will be your lawyer for as long as you need. If you at anytime f-", he interrupted me and I wanted nothing more than to slap him for it. "Enough with the formalities. We have made love way too many times for you to be speaking with me so formally, Ana. It is just Toni", he said and I ignored.