"Is Chanyeol not going to school today?" Junmyeon questioned and Baekhyun snapped out of it, focusing on Sehun who answered.

"I don't really know... Supposedly he lost his phone or something, so he can't text me anything. I got notes for him anyways since he—for some reason—cares so much about grades," Sehun replied and Baekhyun let this information sink in.

He was feeling really miserable because he knew that Chanyeol was staying home because of him.

"I heard that he sprained his ankle too?" Xiumin questioned and now it was Junmyeon who answered.

"Yeah, I don't know how that kid did it but it will take around two weeks to heal it... Oh..." Junmyeon trailed off as he realized something that everyone else did at the same time.

"He won't be playing in the semi-finals?!" Half of them exclaimed as they stared at each other wide-eyed.

"Oh shit..." Sehun put his head in his hands and everyone felt the exactly same way.

"Well, we somehow pulled through the BTS game, so I'm sure we can do this!" Yixing said enthusiastically.

"But Yixing, the opponents get harder and harder... BTS was really good, so how are we supposed to win against these people? And without Chanyeol also? At least in the last game, he was there with us for the first half..." Jongin stated and Baekhyun tried to think of something to cheer them up with, but he came up blank.

"Baekhyun has a concussion, Chanyeol won't even be playing, what else? Suddenly someone blows up?"  Xiumin asked incredulously and all of a sudden Sehun coughed awkwardly.

"I uhh... Actually, can't go there this Thursday," he said quietly and Xiumin turned to him.

"You've got to be kidding me, Sehun..."

"I'm serious, I have to go to America for my brother's wedding," he grumbled.

"On that subject..." Mingyu looked at everyone depressingly. "I actually can't be there either," he admitted and everyone groaned.

"Wait wait wait. Don't we only have 5 members that are available to play? Including an injured one?" Junmyeon asked and everyone nodded. "What are we going to do?! We'll all be dead tired without even one sub!"

Baekhyun raised his hand and everyone at the table turned to him. "Um... I heard from Kyungsoo that there's someone who's actually really good at basketball... He just didn't join."

"Who is it?" Xiumin questioned before he had someone in his mind. "Don't tell me it's..."

"Jongdae," Baekhyun confirmed and each of them almost fell out of their seats.

"I can't play with him," Xiumin complained and Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. "Why? Well, because he's annoying as fuck!" Xiumin exclaimed and Baekhyun gasped.

"Xiumin, I never thought you'd..."

"I agree with Xiumin," Sehun called as he raised his hand.

"Get out of here Sehun. You're not even going to be playing." Baekhyun waved his hand and Sehun rolled his eyes. "Jongdae's not that bad, come on! As long as we get to play, right?" The other boys looked at each other for confirmation before Xiumin sighed.

"If he fucks anything up I'll fuck him up," Xiumin mentioned and Baekhyun nodded in agreement.

"Well," Junmyeon began. "I guess we're going to get Jongdae then."

~

Jongdae was walking around in the hallways when the team found him and surrounded him in the small space. It was the end of the day and most students were already out of school, minus the basketball team and Jongdae who stayed back to print photos.