Chapter 10

Bree's POV:
"They destroyed the serum?!" I exclaimed. "Can you get more?"
Mr. Davenport shook his head, sadly. "That was the last I had in stock, It'll take months to gather enough for the serum."
I looked over to the hydrolift and panicked, widening my eyes in shock. "Uh oh."
"What?" Everyone asked.
I pointed to the hydrolift and everyone gasped.
"It's destroyed!" Kaz said. "I bet that Sebastian guy did it. Also he was the only one using it so that also says something. What is that now, four reasons?"
We all shook our heads.
"Oh no wait, five." He said.
I rolled my eyes and turned to Mr. Davenport. "Now we can't go check on Chase."
"Relax, I'll just turn on the cameras and we can watch him."
"Well, what if he needs our help?" I questioned.
Mr. Davenport hesitated. "Let's just hope he doesn't."
Adam started pacing and I put a hand on his shoulder. "Adam, are you okay?"
He looked at me. "No. Our brother is dying, if course I'm not okay!"
I took a step back. Adam tends to spit when he's upset. "We'll get through this."
"How do you know?" Adam yelled. "We'll get through this. But what about Chase? He needs our help!"
I couldn't help but agree with Adam. Without a way down to the lab, something could happen to Chase and we wouldn't be able to do anything.
"New plan: Oliver, Mr. Davenport and Adam, go try and fix the hydrolift. Skylar and Kaz, go check the rest of this place for any signs of the four musketeers of death and I'll turn on the cameras and let you guys know if anything happens."
They all nodded and parted.
I turned to the computer and pulled up the tab, typing in the password as quickly as possible.
When I opened it, I gasped.
Chase was in trouble.