Phone call

**Two month time skip**

Over the past two months, I'd healed from my injuries and from my surgery. The doctor said I was doing very well, and was a quick healer. My memory had come back piece by piece over the next week after the incident, and I was able to file a complete police report. The fingerprints in my apartment were a match for some that were already in the system, but they were unable to find the ghoul.  The police were still looking and promised to contact me as soon as they knew something. I had also moved back in to my apartment, though Juuzou practically lived there as well.

Today was my last checkup with the doctor, which I was thrilled about. Seeing him every two weeks had been a bit much.

**

I'd approached the subject of fertility with the doctor hesitantly. I was scared I would hear the words "you won't be able to have kids." But much to my surprise, what came out of his mouth was the opposite.

"Your left ovary remains completely healthy and functional. In the event that you decide to have children one day, you shouldn't have trouble conceiving."

"Well, um, I don't know that I'll be having kids...but...I was so scared it was going to be completely off the table." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Other than that,  any concerns Y-N-chan?"

"No, that's it doctor. Thanks for being so helpful all this time."

I smiled at him and he patted me on the shoulder.

"I hope you'll come back to my office for any future appointments you may need."

**

My phone rang shrilly, causing Juuzou to lift his sleepy head off my shoulder and rub his eyes. He had fallen asleep while we were watching TV, as per usual.

"Sorry, Juuzou," I whispered, before answering the call.

"Yes, is this F/N, L/N?"

"Yes it is."

"This is Officer Akiyama with the Tokyo Police Department. I am calling because I'm the officer who's been switched over to your case. We have a new development in Ikeda Kunio's whereabouts."

I breathed out slowly. "What's that?"

"We were able to find out the general whereabouts of Ikeda. It seems he left the city of Tokyo after your assault, as we were unable to track him down, but it seems he's back now. Five days ago the police were called about a man seen attacking another man in an alley. The witnesses description of the attacker matched Ikeda's description. When we got there, we tested the victim's body for DNA, and the results just came back today. The DNA under the victim's fingernails matched Ikeda's."

"Please..Please tell me you were able to catch him.."

"We were not. Once we got to the scene of the crime, he was gone. Please lock all your doors and windows and stay alert. Try not to go out walking around at night or alone during the day. If anything even remotely suspicious happens, call us right away."

"Thank you. I will."

I hung up the call and looked at Juuzou. "Did you hear any of that?"

He nodded, now wide awake. "I heard everything."

"It's gonna be okay Y/N-chan. I'll protect you if anything happens."

I shook my head. "I don't want to risk you getting hurt Juuzou. I'll..I'll protect myself."