Raven

**Time skip of 2 months**

My alarm blared, waking me up from a much needed nap. I'd had a raging headache, and just wanted to sleep for half an hour before work.

Now that half hour was up, and I was forced to get up and take a shower.

As I  hopped into the shower I realized my headache was gone, which put me in a good mood. Things had been going rather smoothly lately. My days were productive, I worked 5 days a week, sometimes picking up other people's shifts as well. When I wasn't working, I was visiting my bio mother in the hospital, only for about 20-30 minutes at a time, hoping to get a reaction from her. So far nothing. Juuzou had mentioned wanting to start training me again, he was still worried about me on a daily basis.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure why hes so worried, things have been pretty calm lately, not just on my front, but in general. Not many big ghoul attacks on the news, it's as if everyone's laying low. I'm not exactly sure I want Juuzou training me either, after what he's been through, but he's dead set on it...

Surprisingly, I was running early for work, so I decided to put some light makeup on, mascara and a nude lipstick. I wore my h/c, h/l hair down instead of in the messy bun I usually wore for work. Today felt like a good day, for some reason. I decided not to question it.

**

Work was uneventful, but busy. The hours flew by, and before I knew it was six p.m. and the shop was closing. I stayed an extra half hour helping out the closing clean up crew, then hung my apron up in the back and went out the back exit to avoid unlocking and re-locking the front door.

i came around the corner and passed the front of the building, a bit startled to see a figure standing there.

The figure raised it's head when I approached and revealed their identity.

It was Juuzou!

"Surprise Y/N-chan! I got my leg!! My permanent one!!"

"Oh my gosh!" I rushed into his arms, hugging him tightly. "I'm so happy for you!"

I pulled away from him to look up at him, knowing something was different, as I hadn't recognized him at first.

"Your hair!!!" His previously snow white hair was now a rich black, the red pins that used to be holding his bangs to the left of his face, now hold the right side of his hair back, and some of the dark locks are falling into his face. I ran my fingers through it, gently, whispering, "It looks great." I kissed him on the cheek and laced my fingers through his.

"Guess what were doing tomorrow morning, Y/N-chan?" he beamed at me.

"Ummm, I don't know. I give up. What are we doing tomorrow?"

"Training at 8 a.m.!"

 "Juuzou...that's so early," I groaned.

"I know but it's better to get an early start! I'll wake you up~"

I laughed and looked at him. "We both know I'll be the one waking you up."

"You're probably right."

I was so happy to see Juuzou with most of his usual pep back. He was more subdued since what he had been through, but he was coming back to himself, although some things were still different.

He hadn't slept in his own apartment since he got out of the hospital, which was six weeks ago, once he had gotten his temporary prosthetic they discharged him, since he was showing no signs of infection or any other complication.

He didn't speak much about Shinohara, but still visited him in the hospital every other day. I hoped for Juuzou's sake that he would wake up, but it wasn't looking good.

The other thing that was different had nothing to do with him, but with me. I was always scared I was going to hurt him. I didn't want to train with him for fear of hurting him, even though once he got his temporary prosthetic he went back to work, and got back all his physical capabilities. I knew he would hate to be treated like he was delicate, so I never let these thoughts show through my actions, but they were always in my head.

**

Tonight was different then most nights, he followed me into my apartment as usual, but then announced that he was going to make dinner, instead of ordering takeout or going out somewhere like we usually did.

"Juuzou...do you know how to cook??"

"I can make ramen!" he grinned.

"That sounds good, can I help?"

"Nope, it's all me. Sit down and let me worry about it!"

He walked me into the living room and made sure I actually sat down.

I turned on the TV and watched it with half of my brain, the other half listening to Juuzou clank around in the kitchen.

Soon he brought two steaming bowls of ramen into the room and set them down on the coffee table.

I slurped some of the noodles into my mouth. "This is delicious, Juuzou. Hey, tomorrow, I make dinner for you, okay?"

He nodded and smiled, and we sat in a comfortable silence, eating and somewhat watching the TV.

**

"Juuzou..I'm tired. Are you ready to go to sleep?" I looked over to where he sat beside me on the couch, his tongue poking out from between his lips as he carefully stitched a new pattern on his arm.

"Yeah, I'm almost done~"

He pulled the final thread through and put the needle and thread back into the little sewing kit he now kept at my apartment.

"All done!" He rotated his arm, admiring them and grinning. 

"They look great." The new pattern was a straight line of small horizontal stitches going all the way down the top of his forearm. They were very straight and even, all the careful work he put into them was apparent in their appearance.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and grabbed his hand. "C'mon, let's go to bed." He didn't protest, so I turned off the TV and headed for my bedroom.

I undressed down to my underwear and curled up under the blankets, waiting for him to follow suit. Instead he sat on the bed next to me, staring at me with his mesmerizing ruby eyes.

"Juuzou, what are you doing?" I sat up, pulling the blankets around your body.

He hesitantly leaned forward, kissing me. I kissed him back gently then pulled away, but he cupped my cheek and kissed me again.

It was hard to resist him, he was so unbelievably attractive, it had been so long since we had been intimate, and his kisses were starting to stir something awake in me. But... "Juuzou...we shouldn't," I mumbled against his lips.

"Y/N-chan, I'm not going to break. I'm fine." He pouted.

Shit, he'd somehow figured out my worries.

"We should go to sleep...we have to be up early..." I murmured, before pressing my lips against his again.

"Who cares..." he smirked, kissing me deeply.