"You're bluffing." She wouldn't do that...
"Wanna bet? You can watch us looking at you through the window then, because I won't let you leave." She glares back. The next five minutes consist of us staring each other down, before she opens her door and says a short bye. My mouth drops open.

I try to open my door but it's locked. No. NO. I panic.
"Fuck." I whisper, kicking the door, knowing she'll be pissed at me and will receive at least a little punishment for threatening me. I knock on the window, but she doesn't turn around, just keeps walking. NOOO!

Emma's PoV:

"Go and make yourself presentable. I will call you when the visit arrives." My mom says, after we cooked the potatoes and put it with the meat in the oven. I nod and take my apron off, hanging it on the door and run up to my room. I can't believe he's going to be in my house in less than half an hour. I totally forgot about the fact that his grandmother and my mother were once really close friends. I shake my head and run a hand through my messy hair.

The thing is, I really don't know how to react. Hades and I have seen each other often enough during the summer to know that we both want nothing to do with each other. So why would I automatically assume that he was going to be here tonight? He might not even feel the need to visit me and my parents. Actually, just me and my mom today, since my dad's on a business trip in London.

With that positive thought in my mind, I walk into the bathroom and brush my hair after washing my face. I feel my heart beat faster every minute. I sigh once again and look at my outfit. The same clothes that I wore in the restaurant today. Dark blue jeans and a purple long sleeved shirt. Simple, but enough to walk around in public.

I decide against changing into some more appealing clothes, because I don't feel like impressing anybody. Maria knows me since I'm like five or something, so she has definitely seen me worse. I remember that time when Hades and I had a sleepover at his place and it was raining and I really love rain. So we sneaked out to his backyard and had a little mud fight.

Unfortunately when you're in elementary school you haven't really figured out how to play quietly and how to whisper yet. I also didn't know how to whistle, but that's another story.
Anyway, long story short, Maria caught us and she was so mad, she gave us a cold shower with a hose. I shake my head, smiling. Crazy woman, let me tell you.

And even though I really want to believe myself when I say that he is probably not even coming along, he most likely is. Because as I said before, I know Maria since I was a child and she is most likely forcing him to come tonight. But it's not that bad, we don't have to communicate anyways. My parents and Maria know that we didn't separate in a good way.

I sigh again and look at the clock. I have at least ten more minutes. What could I do? I take out my phone and go on my Instagram. The next few minutes are a torture. I'm tossing around in bed when I feel my phone buzzing in my hand. Zada:

You wanna come over? I promise the girls and I won't talk about the greek god.

I smile and shake my head, because Hades is literally a god in the Greek mythology. His name, not him, ha. I realized I was spacing out instead of replying to my best friend. I sigh, what should I say? Would mom let me sleep at Zada's if I asked her politely? Maybe she would even realize how bad I want to leave just so I don't have to see him again.

I'm about to reply when I hear my mother's voice yell my name. Guess it's too late for asking now.
Is it time already? How could've ten minutes already passed? I take a deep breath and walk out of my room. I can hear voices downstairs and suddenly my heart starts beating faster every step I take down the staircase.

"Emmi? Is that really you?" I hear a familiar voice ask me and before I could comprehend the words, Maria stands in front of me and trows her arms around me tightly. I smile and hug her back, just as tightly. I just realized how much I missed her. She still smells like raspberry jam and I feel so weird for still remembering that one time when I was really small, I believe it was the first time that I was in her house and the whole house smelt like raspberry jam.

Ever since that day she smells like jam to me. But in a good way. She kisses both sides of my cheeks and lets go. I probably grew a lot since last time I saw her, because I have to look down in order to look into her eyes. Her smile reaches her eyes, just like mine does.

"How are you? You're so beautiful. No wonder my..." She stops talking and looks between me and my mother. I frown in curiosity and wait for her to finish the sentence. A few more seconds pass and she actually smirks evilly, before finally speaking again.

"So it's just going to be us girls then?" She asks, already looking down the hallway towards the dining room. I have a feeling that whatever she wanted to say had something to do with Hades. But who cares? He didn't come and that made me a hundred percent happier. Would've been weird anyways. My mom nods and we follow her towards the dining room, where we are going to have our stakes, obviously. I stop when Maria stops in front of me and turns around.

"Would you be so kind and get my purse from my car? I am so old, I forgot to take it with me." She asks me, smiling innocently. I nod my head and take her car keys out of her hand and turn around after telling her that I'll be right back.

I hop down the stairs of my porch and immediately see her car behind ours in the driveway. She must've modernized it over the past few years. I remember it being grey with see through windows. But now it's all pumped up and white. All windows are black and you can't see in there at all. Actually a great idea. Maybe I should do that too. I'll definitely ask her how much that cost today.

I unlock the car with the key remote and open the door on the passenger side. I didn't expect anybody to be sitting in there so I let out a high pitched shriek when I see a person sitting there with his arms crossed. I jump back a little and glare at Hades who is giving me a weird look.

"What the heck? What are you doing here?" I hiss at him and he uncrosses his arms, motions for me to get out of the way and hops out of the car. He murmurs a 'thanks' and takes the car keys out of my hand. After that he slides onto the drivers seat and puts the keys in the engine. What the frick?

"What are you doing?" I ask and he looks at me, before laying his hand on the doors in order to close it.

"What does it look like? I'm leaving." He answers and slams the door closed. I snort and shake my head.

"I forgot, that's your hobby." I say and turn around to leave. I feel like I said it quiet enough for him not to hear me, especially through the thick car door, but when I'm at the porch and the engine is still not running, maybe he did hear me. But before I could turn around and ask him, his grandmother storms out of the house, passes me with an angry face and I look at my grinning mother.

"What is happening?" I ask her, once I'm inside the house.

"I don't know, but help me with the steaks." She says, turning around and leaving the scene. I roll my eyes and follow her. Why can't I just be a normal teenager with only one problem: school. Well, I have school problems too, I forgot. My bad.

><><><><

"So how's your ankle?" I ask, trying to make a conversation for the nth time.
"As if you cared." He answers. Oh well.
"You're right, I don't." I snap and turn back around on my desk chair.

"Fine." He rolls his eyes, his arms flexing due to him crossing them.
"Fine." I roll my eyes myself, continuing to scroll down my Instagram feed. I can feel his eyes on my back and groan, spinning my desk chair around again.