Sweep up your own pieces

Jay p.o.v

It's was a month later since I've seen her face.

It was a smooth life since then.

I kept to myself and did just worked. Nothing is wrong with me it's just that I've been thinking hard about my decisions. I've been thinking deeply about if I should even talk to this girl. Or if I should even care.

I finally got a second job working as a slide attendant at a water park. My shift was over and I was off for the rest of the day. 

As I'm riding home I get a call from Steven. Life is predictable when you watch everything.

"Yeah?", I answered.

"Hey brother", he said.

"What's up?"

"Just wanted to see what you were up to."

"I just got off work."

"Oh. Mum heard about what happened a while back to Nakita and she talked me into asking you guys to link up and talk."

"Ok, about what?"

"I don't know, there's supposed to be closure."

"I don't completely disagree with you on that but it sounds like you're not even into the idea."

" Well no not really but I thought about it and I came to a conclusion that it wouldn't be that bad to try and solve things from a different approach. I'm just scared to ask Nakita.

"You're afraid of being rejected? Really? She's your girlfriend."

"No she's not. I've gotten some last words riding in the back of an ambulance truck with her. They weren't pleasing at all."

"Then what's the purpose of doing this if it'll just be me and you? That's dumb forget it."

"No Jay you have to come. This isn't just about who gets the girl, its about just having a nice time and clearing the air. We can't just have something bad happen, get someone involved and then she charges me with rape or something. I need to talk to her yes, and you. One apology and all my billion dollar savings is not enough to make you feel like you can fully trust me and I know so. I've been a conniving asshole ever since that day I picked on you because you didn't have what I have and I didn't take the time to think that we had the same thing. So please let'yuos end this."

"The best way I've let everything go is by forgetting it all and moving on with my life. Just like I forgot about you for a couple of years. If she doesn't want to talk to you don't force her to. Say what you gotta say then if she doesn't have anything to say let it be. She is not the only girl in the world."

"I love her, Jay."

"So did I, you see where I ended up." 

I ended the call. 

I'm just gonna remain skeptical about the whole thing. No one has time to be a little middle school kid and argue to make up over and over. I don't care about who gets to date her now. She broke my heart and I had to sweep up my own pieces. I feel sorry for Steven because it's gonna be a tassel for him to get over a girl that he was actually into.