The missing puzzle piece

Nakita p.o.v

I never stopped thinking about Jay, if I said otherwise I lied and I'm not afraid to say. I wish he'd never had pushed me away, all I wanted was closure. I wanted to make up everything to him and everything we missed over some stupid family problems that had nothing to do with me. However, it's hard to find someone to blame for the separation between the three of us. We're all pointing fingers at each other when no one is actually taking the time to go back in time to find out who really started this from the jump. And I'm talking about even before Jay ran away and made the decision to shun Steven for the rest of his life. I want to know what made Steven talk down on Jay. What made Steven think of terrible things to say about him to put him down. To put him in his place? To get revenge? To get even? This makes me wonder a lot. Why?

I finally reached home on the couch, settled eating ice cream. Steven calls me but I let my phone ring, because if I decline right away he won't stop calling. He'll just have to assume that I'm busy and I can't reach the phone right now, well my voicemail will let him know.

I call Jay instead for the first time in weeks. It feels like a year because I'm not used to staying up at 3 A.M. by myself looking for movies to watch on Netflix. There was never a dull moment with him. Steven on the other hand is just as romantic as Jay. They just have different ways of expressing love. Jay and I would be in a private place in the park one day with no one around and he'll just began to kiss me out of the blue telling me over and over again how much he loves me. Then he'll hug me tight and just hold me for about 3 minutes and when he snaps back into reality he'll apologize for interrupting and let me go. I couldn't help but to grab his hand and kiss him again.

Steven on the other hand is just about a pro at being romantic. He always takes me out on every chance he gets, he'll buy me tops and jewelry because he says himself that every woman has their own jewel to symbolize their beauty and they all deserve to express with their own accessory. Of course it is true, but I'm not big on being spoiled right after I've broken up with someone that I loved so dearly that I blindly forgotten about what it means for your boyfriend to be rich and buy you anything. Jay hardly asked me if I wanted to go shopping or out to eat. Only on rare occasions or Friday's when he would get paid of course. But I'm not a material girl when it comes to love. I'll give you everything you need, but all I need from you most of the time is love. If I break up with Steven I'd have to give everything back. I can't abandon him and have him realize I wasted his time and money. I couldn't bare the guilt, he's too young to be spending things on a girl anyway.

The phone rings as I hope for Jay to pickup the phone. There is a pause and the phone doesn't ring anymore. I check to see if he hung up and if it was about to go to his voicemail again for the billionth time since we broke up but it doesn't.

A female answers, "Hello? Who is this girl he got in his phone?"

"Hi, this is Nakita calling to speak to Jay if you don't mind."

"Bitch don't be acting all proper and shit! What you calling my man for?! He don't want you!", she hollers. Great another ghetto bitch that he hooked up with for booty call reasons.

"Excuse me but I'm not calling to plead him into going back out with me I'm calling him about something very personal that involves me and Jay both. Once more if you don't mind I'd like to speak with him please, I asked nicely and I'm speaking properly for the sake of coming in peace. If you ask Jay yourself he knows that I don't tolerate drama."

"BITCH FIRST OF ALL WHO THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU TALKING TO LIKE THAT LIKE YOU SOME DAMN QUEEN ELIZABETH OR SOME SHIT. SECOND OF ALL BITCH I'LL-----"

Beep. 

Fuck that shit I tried having patience and I get yelled at for being no threat at all. This must mean that Jay still have my contact name in his phone. I noticed how the ghetto girl said "girl he got in his phone" she probably didn't take the time to recognize the caller ID with her dumbass. At least I know that I have his attention now because I know that temporary hoe he's with is gonna run her mouth and he's gonna most likely take action and talk to me. I know it, because Jay doesn't hate me. He'll realize that I still care after he didn't speak a word to me for a long time and I'll least get an argument out of him. I hope this works, it needs to. I need him, for a brief moment is all I need.