What a girl gotta do?

Nakita p.o.v

I didn't even make it to the door yet. I pulled up close by the house on the other side of the street on the left corner of the house and saw Jay coming out of his new white Mercedes. Wow, I didn't think he'd get a car like that being so young. I also noticed how he wore a white collard shirt, khaki's, and some colorful kick. He just got off work. Really? At two in the afternoon? That's a first as far as I'm concerned. 

I pull up in the driveway and honk the horn.

He turns around and I can see it on his face that he recognizes the car, he doesn't look surprised at all. 

I roll the window down as he leans in to talk. "Miss me?", I greeted him with a smile.

"Yeah. Took you a lot to come here didn't it?", he asked.

"It took a lot from Steven to yell at my throat yeah."

He chuckles, "Why you did my brother like that?"

"I didn't do anything I told him what I wanted to do and say. Just simply check up on you not have sex and magically get back together by lust."

"Wow really?"

"That's how he takes it. We promised not to mention your name but I can't but to think about you every freaking day replaying our last moments together and I blame myself for everything."

"No I do."

"No I shouldn't have even tried to help you guys."

"No I was being a complete dumbass for falling in love with you in the first place."

Did my ears just hear what I think I just heard?

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"I wish I never laid eyes on you. Ever since I did I've been distracted by everything else that was important. My job, my family, myself, All this drama between something I left alone years ago came back up because Steven whispered in your ear and I let my guard down."

"Are you serious right now? Don't forget that it was all you, I'm already sorry for the whole family B-S going on yeah but it wasn't my call to go over to Steven's house and so called get things straight. You did want to solve everything at first and I was trying to help you move on because when you get older and either one of you get in a bad place then you'll regret the years you spent apart not talking to each other."

"I know but this isn't about you. This is about me and if you think that coming over here and trying to make peace with me was supposed to calm the boiling water, or whatever metaphorical term you would usually say with every situation."

"What did you think I came over here for? Again, I came to check up on you. You. The person who has been avoiding me ever since school ended. Why? I don't know. Will you give me at least 10 minutes of your selfish time to talk to me out of the weeks full of hours I shed tears because I couldn't see you anymore?! Fuck!"

Jay looks down at his shoes and closes his eyes, then he looks to his right at the street.

"I'll call you... I guess."

I let the window up without warning and Jay jumps back and I could feel him giving me a crazy look. I pull out called Steven and asked if it was ok to come over and tried my best to get Jay out of my mind.

What a fucking inconsiderate asshole. They both are.