We meet again

Jay Paris p.o.v

I finally arrived at the front door. Looking through the window I saw her sitting down drawing on the couch laying on her stomach. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. I stepped closer towards the door so she won't see me out the window and actually open the door, because after the last time we talked I don't think she wants to invite me into her house again. She opened the door and squinted her eyes at the bright sun behind me. Her eyes sparkled in the sun and I enjoyed the view before she quickly shaded her eyes with her hand. I don't think she was planning on going anywhere today due to the red high waisted shorts and long blue and white socks she wore above the knee with the white crop top. Her mama wouldn't let her come out the house like that.

"What the hell are you doing here?", she asked.
"Nothing I don't think we got off on the right note last time", I responded.
"No shit."
I looked down at the wooden porch.
"You'd better leave before Steven pops up somewhere or he somehow finds out you visited me", she said.
"Since when did you give two shits about what he knows and how he feels?"
"Since you left," she quickly responded.
"Then why do you think I'm here?"
"To stir up some things I don't know, why?"
"No, not really. I mean you are right being here might cause some conflict especially since I'm just outside burning to the crisp since you haven't let me in yet."
"I'm not letting you in."
"Why? I'm a clean person and your mom doesn't have to know that I was here."
"Of course that's why your leaving."
"Wait what? Why are you being so mean to me all of a sudden? I want to talk to you and you're making it difficult over something small."
"No I'm being inconsiderate like you were. When you decided to act all shady towards me."
"You act like you didn't hurt me by dating my step brother that isn't even my step brother."
"Who's fault is that?"
" Oh so now it's my fault that I ran away from being tortured?"
"Oh you big baby! So what? You two were small and he picked on you over something personal. Ok I get that, but you both knew it had nothing to do with me. You shunning him for half of your life was your fault and him being an ass was his fault but neither one of you talked and solved that dumb petty shit. You or he decided to bring other people like friends into your family business which only made it worst. And the farthest you've both gotten was breaking my heart. Therefore, since I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of y'all puppy love consider this the last day that I date Steven, and the last day that I'm communicating with you both! I can't sand that son of bitch always telling me what to do and who to talk to--who does that?! Anyways thanks for your concern.. but you should've shown that a long time ago."
She slammed the door in my face and right behind me Steven pulls up.
He steps out of the car and stops in shock looking at me, then begins to walk towards me looking furious.
"What the hell are you doing here?!", he shouted.
"Minding my fucking business".
" Nakita is not your business. She doesn't want you back you've given her to me, you jackass." He bumped past me and headed towards the door.
"Watch your mouth 'son of a bitch'. Quote from your ex girlfriend."
He stopped at the doorknob and looked gave me a frightened look.
"What the hell did you just say?"
"Why don't you talk to her and find out for yourself since you don't listen to me anyhow."
"No I demand to know what the hell just came out of your mouth!", he walked towards me face and looked me directly in my eye with a puppy face trying hard not to burst into tears.
"You can't make me do shit and you know it. I don't give a fuck how many friends you have against me you don't intimidate me."
"Well you know what gets under my skin? You coming over to my girls house thinking its cool. Bitch I should be Italian for the way I want to curse you out right now! You piece of shit! I fucking hated you all my life I wish you were never apart of it because you did nothing but ruin it!", he said.
"Oh jeez I dish know existing could ruin a guys life just because we share the same fucking father, that was hardly there for neither one of us."
"No he wasn't there for you! And because of you and your stupid foster mother he refuses to help pay for college!"
"That's why yo bitch ass gets a summer job and put about 20% of your paycheck into your savings! That shit adds up and that money gets me the clothes on my back and my MOTHERS back because the other one is gone! Dammit Steven , she's in a better place resting her hands on the one that's taking care of me right now begging her to not let me go a stray! I never give up on the people I love ! Ever! And that's what I've been trying to prove to you by talking to you but yo bitch ass wanna run away now?!"
" No I want you to stay away! You took too long and I don't go by anyone's time!"
"Well isn't that a shame. You won't even give me another chance."
"Well isn't that a shame that you finally know how that feels. How to wait so long and not give up on someone you love and when you want to talk to them they're too busy being prideful and stubborn and-- and such a---", Steven turned away and pulled his shirt up to wipe his face. I know it was hard for him to find the words to describe the way he felt.
"Steven , I wanted to apologize because neither one of us can live with this and have that girl in common. We're doing nothing but hurting her and being two bitches who can't handle shit on their own without bringing others into and making it worst", I pleaded.
"Oh you're saying that it's my fault?"
"It is! And mine! Can't you see that?!!"
Steven doesn't say anything. He steps backwards and sheds a tear wipes it quickly then rushes into the house slamming the door behind him.
I could hear him from the inside shouting her name throughout the house.
I shook my head and gave a small prayer , wishing that she'll keep her word about leaving us both alone.

She's better off.