Chapter 23 In the Unknown..

Start from the beginning

"I see...so that's what happened , then her reaction was only natural.."

"I know i've said that you should hear this from her but , in this current situation i think you have the right to know..."

"to know...." as i wait in anticipation..

"Y-Yomiko's mother....left her when she was just a baby , she abandoned her at a orphanage..." 

"Apparently it wasn't a case of child neglect , Yomiko's mother left a note that said.."I will definitely come back for you.."  as Ms.Mikahara added 

"She....was abandoned!?" (oh my god...what have i done...)

  "But she never did return...Yomiko believe her mother , and waited for her.. 

This time Reimako , continues the story , although hesitantly..

"We went to the same middle school , Yomiko and i..."

"At that time , Yomiko wouldn't complain about anything...But every parents and teachers day , when no parents came to see her.. Yomiko would cry alone..."

"In front of other people , she acted as though nothing had happen , but..i always thought that she must have been so..lonely ..."

(She's just like me...) i sit and listen to the two of them unable to speak..

"Anyway ...Yomiko experienced the deep trauma of being abandoned...So maybe that's why.."

As she speaks Ms.Mikahara looks at me...

"Mina...your words might have touched that nerve...."

(Ah...so that's what she meant , by being abandoned...she must have thought i'm going to ...)That was not my intention at all...i was just worried...but she's doing her very best not to be hated and not to be abandoned that's her reason for working hard..

"what have i done...." as i sat there , holding my head covering my face...

"You didn't know her past Mina , it's not your fault..." 

"That's not the case..."

Even though i don't know about her past  i shouldn't have talk to her like that...(my words must have deeply wounded Yomiko..) i shouldn't have done that...as Ms.Mikahara and Rei looked at me with worried expression..

"I really appreciate , you guys telling me this..."

"i'm glad to know even a little more about Yomiko.."

"Mina , is Yomiko important to you ?"

"Y-yes of course , she's more important than life itself.!!."

"Would you stay at her said no matter what ?"

"Of course i would !!"

"Even if she rejected you again ?"

"I......" at that moment my heart seems hollow...(it's not up to me to stay , if she hates me there's nothing i can do about it..) but...

"I'll be okay for me to stay ? , that's for Yomiko to decide...when Yomiko rejected me , it hurts but to think that Yomiko is hurting more.."

"So it'll be okay , if she tries to push me away , i'll stay by her side!" at that day i made a declaration then Ms.Mikahara smiles lightly...

"I understand..." her kind smile is directed at me...

"So what are you doing to do , now ?"  

There's no time to wait for Yomiko to return

"I'm going to find Yomiko!"

(I want to see her as soon as possible , i need to explain myself i need to apologize..) i stood up and turn to leave the room..just then..

*Chuckle*

Ms.Mikahara laughs suddenly..

"You're always ready to act Mina, and that's what i like about you..." as she is jingling her car keys in front of me..

"You wan't to see her as soon as possible to apologize don't you ?" as she grins at me..

"I'm going with you , You have to make up with Yomiko as soon as possible.." Rei also smiles at me gently...

"Thank you , Ms.Mikahara! , Reimako!"

Just then...

Ms.Mikahara's phone rang...she stood up and moves away a short distance from us before answering the phone..

"Hello ? , yes it's me...What ?!"

(She suddenly looks troubled , wonder who it was ?)

She exclaims in surprise..."Yes i understand.."

(i have a bad feeling about this...)

"Wh-what happen ?, who was it Ms.Mikahara ?" Reimako asked worriedly...but then Ms.Mikahara looked at me..

"You have to go to Yomiko now!"

"What ?! , what happen ?"

Ms.Mikahara sigh , and answers gently still looking grim

"Yomiko..."

"Wh-what happen to Yomiko ?!"

"She has collapsed on the set.."