Where do we stand?

I groan and squeeze my eyes shut as the sunlight shines directly into them. I shove my face into the pillow and block out any light threatening to blind me. I've never been a morning person, especially when I'm met face to face with blinding light.

Suddenly an unfamiliar scent hits me and then I remember where I am.

Last night I had a date with James and we came back to the tour bus. I ended up sleeping here as I couldn't get home. I hear barely audible voices coming from the main lounge. I get up quietly and walk towards the door, listening to the conversation.

"You really think she's the one?" I hear a voice ask, presumably Shane's.

"Man, I don't think.. I know." I hear James say and my heart flutters. I didn't think he would think much of me as he's an international star and I'm just me.

Just me.

The thoughts of how plain, ugly and boring I am come rushing back and I stumble as I feel tears beginning to fall. I fall back onto the main bunk and hid my head and it starts to throb. I groan and lie back, facing the top bunk. I'm such an embarrassment.

I embarrassed myself at the meet and greet and I am now.
Why does James want to go out with me, I'm not normal.

I slightly touch my forehead and moan in pain as I feel a throbbing sensation start to build. I let a few tears fall until I'm just lying there, my face dripping wet and my head in pain.

The door suddenly squeaks open and I close my eyes, trying to act asleep but the hurt of my head is to much and I whimper.

"Riley?" James starts, heading over to me. He looks down at me and gasps.

"Whoa baby, what happened?" He asks, staring at my forehead. I can't help but smile at the term baby. I know we aren't official but he's definitely acting like it.

"I h-hit my he-head on the bunk, I'm s-sure it's n-nothing." I reply, before bursting into more tears.
James grabs my hand and gives it a squeeze.

"Your clearly not riles, let me go get you some ice." He responds before kissing my cheek and getting up. I attempt a smile but just flop my head back into the pillow.

My eyes wander around all the junk and pictures around the bus. There's multiple snap backs lying around and an odd t-shirt on the floor but over all it felt homely. I stared at one specific picture. It was James and his sister Piper.

Shit. I forgot to tell Emily about not going home last night so I quickly grab my phone and begin to type.

To Emily from Riley- sent 10:24
Hey em, so sorry I forgot to tell you I stayed at a friends last night and won't be home till later xxx

I hit send and relax my shoulders. I decide to check Twitter and stuff like that because why not.

I log on and I'm instantly met with notifications spamming my phone. I get a text from Giselle with a link to a article so I press it.

James Tordjman caught on a date with a mystery girl, who could it be?

I gasp and quickly read the article.

Celebrity James Tordjman was caught hand in hand yesterday with a brunette girl who is yet to be identified. Pictures haven't clearly given us much proof on who this lucky girl could be but we suspect to get more pictures later on. Sorry hopeful fans but James seems to be already taken.

After the article there are a few pictures attached however they aren't clear enough to see my facial features. I click off and type back to Giselle.

To Giselle from Riley- sent 10:32
OMG!! I'm well jealous😜😤xx

I smirk to myself and hit send and click off my phone as James enters with some ice. I don't want to tell anyone about this "thing" going on between me and James because it might not be permanent. I don't want to get my hopes up and let the world know suddenly get dumped for someone a lot better then me, although I wouldn't hurt as much as it should.

I'm practically expecting James to call whatever this is off soon. It won't soon until he comes to his senses and realise what I waste of time I am.

I begin to feel my cheeks dampen and soon enough I'm sobbing again. James sees me and comes rushing over.

"Shhhh, riles, calm down." He says passing me the ice and rubbing my arm. I sniffle and hang my head. Why do I do this? One minute I'm fine and the next I'm not. It's so embarrassing.

I lie back with the ice on my head whist James pets my hair. I feel my breath steady and I exhale deeply.

"Thanks James, I'm sorry I've made such an embarrassment of myself, I understand if you want to just call this off." I tell him sniffling. I look down at my lap waiting for a reply but nothing comes. I shoot my head up to see him sitting there, confused. I furrow my brow signalling to reply. He keeps staring and suddenly grabs my hands.

"Riley, I've looked for someone incredible like you my whole life and I've finally found you, don't think that something this small could change my perspective of you, if it makes you feel better these events this morning have made me like you even more." He replies, staring deeply at me. I feel more tears spill, but they aren't tears of pain or sadness, their happy tears.

I stare back equally as deep and smash my lips to his. He stumbles slightly from the impact but quickly regains himself and kisses back, although like last night, it isn't rough or steamy, it's slow and passionate and full of emotion. I've only known him personally a few days but I feels like forever.

We pull away and I quickly wrap my arms around him and pull him in. His arms reach my waist and I lean my head on his shoulder. We sit there for a while just enjoying each other's presence and listening to one another's heart beat.

I pull away and drag James down next to me. He wraps his arm around my back and I lean my head on his chest. He grabs my hand, lacing and un-lacing our fingers.

"James?" I ask, grabbing his attention.

"Hmm?" He replies, staring into space. I look up at him.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask him, making him look down at me.

"Anything sweetheart." He tells me, tightening his grip around me.

"What are we?" I question, staring directly into his eyes. He furrows his brows and replies.

"What do you mean?" He asks some confused. I giggle and shake my head slightly.

"Well you know... Are we a thing or...?" I reply, using my hands to signal us. He stays confused then suddenly understands.

"Well, do you want to be?" He asks me seriously. I smile up at him and nod.

"Well then I guess we are official." He tells me before capturing our lips into a kiss. I smile into it and pull away, cuddling deeper into his chest.

A/N: guys I'm so sorry that it's been a month since I updated. I feel terrible😪 I've had a load of homework and tests taking all my time that I've had no time to update but I hope you can understand xox izzy