V: Past is the Past

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, it slipped, won't happen again." Then the line went dead. Alright then.

Now I was left to eat my omelet in silence. Taking slow bites of my really delicious chain of reactions. The bustle of New York life went on outside the window that Anya had her small dining table by. Cars passed by slowly. People walked up and down the streets. Buildings started towering over one another. My mind should be occupied with everything I was observing, but somehow my mind would start to think about blue. Not just any blue, oceanic blue, bright, oceanic blue. Not just as the color, but as orbs, irises. The blondes eyes. That beautiful blue eyed blonde artist. The golden waves of hair that was done up yesterday.

Stop, Lexa, you barely know her! But god how I just wanted to get her alone at that restaurant. Lexa, stop being a perv! Doesn't help that you've been alone for three years. My last relationship was three years ago, I was twenty-four and young still, so I didn't care who I was with really. Now I do care. I mean I wasn't totally alone, I've had dates, but I didn't call them back, because they were greedy gold diggers. And I've definitely never had one night stands with anyone, or had anyone visit, other than my sister and Anya. Now, being twenty-seven and finally stable with my corporation, I don't want a relationship. I guess what happened yesterday, running my hand up her thigh, was to just tease the artist. It did turn me on, though. What the fuck are you saying, Lexa!

After eating and cleaning everything I've used, Anya walks in. "Nice legs, Lex."

"Stop staring at them, before you trip on yours." I joked.

"I'm not staring, I was just complementing." She smirked, "Don't you run, like everyday." I nodded to her. I run when I get up, or would have, but today was different. Running is my way to wake me up and start everyday, so why wouldn't I run everyday. "Damn, if I can get legs like that, count me in."

"Wanna run with me now? I'm going if you want too."

"Sure, let me get something on that isn't this." Anya said as she walked into her room.

I actually never worked out with anyone, so this could be something to experience. I have to say though, I've never seen Anya run, and that's probably because she lives in New York. I'm not really afraid of someone to harass or hurt me. If they try to, then I'll kick their asses. Nobody really bothers me anyway, mostly because I just look like someone not to be reckon with. In all honesty, I have reasons for the intimidating look I have, and also a reason why my first reaction of a guy grabbing me is to attack. I've almost punched Titus a couple times for grabbing my arm to pull me aside in a meeting.

Actually, I did hit him once, and that was when I first started the business. I was twenty, and still in college, but I also had college credits from high school. I had mentioned my plan of starting, and what I wanted to do, to Titus, which I was his intern. He saw how persistent and assertive I was about what I wanted to do. My business did start out small, in a run down building actually, Titus helped me find it. First starting out with creating little useful things by my own hands. Eventually as I sold those useful thing I started investing into other businesses to create more money for my business. I've had some minor problems along the way, like my sister that I basically raised for my whole life, but I got through it. By twenty-one, I had created a smart watch, very reliable smart watch, with really intricate coding. Then it started to take off. Titus saw my business growing and one day he had gotten multiple employees of his, that I knew, to join. When we had our first meeting, Titus grabbed me by the arm to pull me aside. Instantly, I punched him right in the jaw. I didn't apologize, he did. I guess it started a respectable relationship between us, he definitely didn't look down on me like I'm a frail girl anymore, I did hit him pretty hard, left an instant bruise.